Scumbag Bill Donohue Makes Excuses For Religious Murder In Paris

Started by FieryLocks, January 07, 2015, 07:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

QuoteThe head of the self-described largest Catholic civil rights organization in the United States said Wednesday that he did not condone the murder of journalists at the satirical French newspaper Charlie Hebdo, but sympathized with the perpetrators.

“Killing in response to insult, no matter how gross, must be unequivocally condemned. That is why what happened in Paris cannot be tolerated. But neither should we tolerate the kind of intolerance that provoked this violent reaction,” Catholic League president Bill Donohue said in a statement.

Two gunmen killed at least 12 people in Paris during an attack on the newspaper’s office. 
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/catholic-league-chief-charlie-hebdo-editor-got-himself-murdered-by-being-a-narcissist/

Religion is nothing but POISON!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

GrinningYMIR

Donohue has proved himself a cunt in the past anyway (pardon the strong language)

This just makes me dislike him and his religion that much more
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Sorry mate, satire isn't intolerance... And the papers were mild in offense at best. Just because it hurts your feelings does not make it intolerant.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 07, 2015, 07:06:15 PM
Donohue has proved himself a cunt in the past anyway (pardon the strong language)

This just makes me dislike him and his religion that much more

Allow me to provide the narration needed here then. He's a cunt, a douchebag, a wanker, a shithead, a fuckface, and a dickcheese.

But honestly, it no longer surprises me that religous folk use something like this to their advantage, its in their nature, and they continue to believe all theists and 'victims'.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

FieryLocks

What I really hate about people like Donohue is they want their religious beliefs protected at all costs...even if it means impeding on the First Amendment rights of everyone else. Too damn bad for you Donohue, we live in a society that allows freedom of expression and speech whether it leaves you butt hurt or not.
Suck it up you religio-fascist scumbag!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

kilodelta

So, if a group of people are violently offended / insulted by the mere existence of Bill's house, then Bill must demolish his house according to what he says he believes.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solitary

And I wonder why I hate some religious people. When someone's beliefs become more important than the pain they do to other sentient beings is morally apprehensible, and is insane to me. The older I get the more I realize why both my dads were atheists and hated religion so much. It preaches intolerance and hate for anything that is different than its dogma.  :wall: :axe:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stonecutter

Quote from: Shiranu on January 07, 2015, 07:15:59 PM
Sorry mate, satire isn't intolerance... And the papers were mild in offense at best. Just because it hurts your feelings does not make it intolerant.
Donohue's intolerance towards satire and the actual victims of this violence offends me. Would he be OK with me not tolerating his calculated and ignorant statement?
"In the end theologians are jealous of science, for they are aware that it has greater authority than do their own ways of finding “truth”: dogma, authority, and revelation. Science does find truth, faith does not. " - Jerry Coyne

Jason78

Has Bill Donohue forgotten that bit of history where France helped a newly forming america fight for freedom and liberty?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Munch

Quote from: Jason78 on January 09, 2015, 07:12:49 AM
Has Bill Donohue forgotten that bit of history where France helped a newly forming america fight for freedom and liberty?

Lady Liberty, one of the USA's most iconic symbols of freedom, is French herself. I think Bill Douche should look into that fact.

FieryLocks

Quote from: kilodelta on January 08, 2015, 04:11:23 AM
So, if a group of people are violently offended / insulted by the mere existence of Bill's house, then Bill must demolish his house according to what he says he believes.
Or those offended can burn it down.

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Munch

Quote from: Agramon on January 09, 2015, 11:53:12 PM
Bill Donahue can suck a bag of dicks.

No no no dick is to tasty a treat for someone like him. Let's make it a bag of Ebola.