News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Terror attack in Paris

Started by GrinningYMIR, January 07, 2015, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: Munch on January 07, 2015, 12:11:22 PM
Heres my take on this. Either these are islamic terrorists who are doing this in a barbaric attack against this paper in there name of there fairy tale prophet, OR this was a planned attack by a terrorist group, posing as islamic followers to try and create more anti muslim tension.

Its honestly hard to tell, islam does breed these kind of savages, but it wouldn't be a stretch to imagine someone wanting more anti muslim hate to spread, maybe even arranged by someone within France to cause that to happen?

I would probably qualify as a "Muslim Apologists" to alot here but...

No, just no.

Muslims have murdered over cartoons before, there is no reason to believe it wasn't them this time.

Quote... the perpetrators are not real Muslim, Islam is peaceful...

The perpetrators are a different branch of Islam than moderates, Islam is as peaceful or violent as the followers of each specific sect make it.

Saved you the trouble of having to watch for their remarks.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

FieryLocks

The religion of 'peace' strikes again. Barbaric lunatics. :angry:
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on January 07, 2015, 06:26:43 PM
I would probably qualify as a "Muslim Apologists" to alot here but...

No, just no.

Muslims have murdered over cartoons before, there is no reason to believe it wasn't them this time.

The perpetrators are a different branch of Islam than moderates, Islam is as peaceful or violent as the followers of each specific sect make it.

Saved you the trouble of having to watch for their remarks.

yeah, your right. I dunno I guess I was just thinking theres a chance it held something different to it, but really I knew in myself it was yet another example of what happens when middle eastern cultural extremists moves west.

Funny thing was when chatting to my mum about this, she said she has no sympathy for westerners who abandon their country and go and join groups like Isis or other Islamic terrorist groups, and she honestly hopes such people get shot. I really don't fucking get it, how someone from the western world can look at a group like Isis and think 'they represent my own thoughts and feelings, I'm going to join there cause!'.. what are these people?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Aletheia

Quote from: Munch on January 07, 2015, 07:37:52 PM
what are these people?

Natural born sociopaths lacking most of their ability to think rationally and missing much impulse control. How could it not be an inviting beacon to people with disorders like this?

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

gussy

Once again we have to murder over cartoons that maybe a few thousand people might have seen.  Now a billion or so people have seen them. 

Aletheia

Quote from: gussy on January 07, 2015, 09:49:28 PM
Once again we have to murder over cartoons that maybe a few thousand people might have seen.  Now a billion or so people have seen them. 

Slow learners...
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

Atheon

A white man just bombed an NAACP headquarters in Colorado. Ergo, by the logic of some of the posters above, whiteness is to be blamed, and all white people are guilty. Or, malehood is to be blamed and all males are guilty.

Sorry. This act of terror was done by a handful of extremists. They do NOT represent Islam, just as the NAACP bomber does not represent white people or males.

I think Islam, like any religion, is wrong; it's false; it's irrational' it's ridiculous; it's oppressive. But every religion (even Buddhism) has its violent extremists.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

viocjit

I'm French and I can say that many people fear a civil war. I hear rumors about it since 1998 (I was 4 years old). I'm 20 years old and I'm still hearing these.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: viocjit on January 07, 2015, 10:33:21 PM
I'm French and I can say that many people fear a civil war. I hear rumors about it since 1998 (I was 4 years old). I'm 20 years old and I'm still hearing these.
Civil war about Islam and religion?

That must be very frightening, Viocjit. I hope it doesn't come to that.

Berati

Quote from: Atheon on January 07, 2015, 10:12:50 PM
A white man just bombed an NAACP headquarters in Colorado. Ergo, by the logic of some of the posters above, whiteness is to be blamed, and all white people are guilty. Or, malehood is to be blamed and all males are guilty.
You're logic is flawed.
There is no single defining book that white men must adhere to to be considered white men and no one man white men must all declare as god's one and only holy prophet who's words and deeds must be followed in order to be considered white men.
Islam is not a race or a sex that you're born with, it's an ideology that can be accepted or rejected. What on earth are you thinking?

QuoteSorry. This act of terror was done by a handful of extremists. They do NOT represent Islam, just as the NAACP bomber does not represent white people or males.
If there was a holy book on what it takes to be a white man, and that holy book specifically said to bomb the NAACP, then you might be on to something. Since none of that is true and islam is not a race or a sex but rather an ideology...you have created a false analogy.

They DO represent Islam as they are following Islamic doctrine:
"Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

And historically Muhammad himself acted the same way as indicated in the Hadith:

"Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting.  He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered.  al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life."

QuoteI think Islam, like any religion, is wrong; it's false; it's irrational' it's ridiculous; it's oppressive. But every religion (even Buddhism) has its violent extremists.
I don't think you know much about Islam, the quran or the hadith. Like many, you just assume that there are good people and bad people and that the religion they follow will have no impact on how they behave. That is naive, short sighted and contradicted by the evidence. Egypt has over 80 million and 90% of them believe people should be killed for apostasy. http://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2014/02/07/statistics-the-muslim-worlds-problem-over-70-of-muslims-support-sharia-law-90-support-execution-of-apostates-2/
That is not a "handful of extremists" and you won't find that from any other religious group.

I've read most of the quran, some of the Hadith and all of the bible. These ideologies are completely different from one another.
You're trying too hard to be sympathetic and it's causing you to miss the obvious. You're making excuses for a dangerous cult that you know little about and that is a dangerous thing to do.
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

pr126

Interior Minister Thomas de Maizière (Germany)
Quote“The extremist Islamism, Islamist terrorism, is something quite different from the Islam[.] And this differentiation is urgently needed just on a day like today.”…

Here

HOWARD DEAN:
QuoteYou know, this is a chronic problem. I stopped calling these people Muslim terrorists. They’re about as Muslim as I am. I mean, they have no respect for anybody else’s life, that’s not what the Koran says. Europe has an enormous radical problem. I think ISIS is a cult. Not an Islamic cult. I think it’s a cult….

Here

Please Remember

pr126

Muhammad’s Dead Poets Society

The assassinations of satirical poets in early Islam

1. March 624: Al-Nadr bin al-Harith
2. March 624: Uqba bin Abu Muayt
4. April 624: Abu Afak
5. September 624: Kab bin al-Ashraf
6. September (?) 624: Ibn Sunayna
7. July-August 625: A One-eyed Bedouin
8. After January 630: close call for Abdullah bin Sad
10. After February 630: close call for Kab bin Zuhayr

"The gunmen shouted “we have avenged the Prophet Muhammad”, witnesses say.

Shiranu

Quote from: pr126 on January 08, 2015, 01:51:42 AM
@Shiranu

J.R.R. Tolkien and the Courage to Face Evil

So... it says basically things I have said before; screw Saddam, screw the Ayatollah, Isis and Boko Haram are bad...

I'm going to be honest, I really don't get the point of this unless you are agreeing with me that they are issues that the centralists need to pay more attention to.

Also... Ahmed Merabet, one of the two police officers killed... I guess he wasn't a "True Muslim" since he was protecting the news paper? Funny that atheists and extremist Muslims would agree on that, though their reasoning may be different.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

pr126

Shiranu wrote:
QuoteI would probably qualify as a "Muslim Apologists" to alot here but...
Why would you open your post with such a sentence?