'Pro-Life' Duggars Give 16 Year Old Son A Rifle For Christmas

Started by FieryLocks, January 06, 2015, 08:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

This family just makes me ill!

QuoteA Facebook photo showing one of the Duggar brood holding a shotgun as the family celebrated Christmas sparked dozens of comments arguing the wisdom of letting teens own firearms.

The photo shows Jedidiah Duggar, who turned 16 years old on Dec. 30, holding the 12-gauge shotgun in the family’s home.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/01/duggars-ignite-holy-war-between-pro-lifers-and-gun-nuts-with-facebook-photo/
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Munch

I love how the gun barrel is held over 'christ' with the christ is born sign.. seems to perfectly appropriate. Jesus freaks and gun nuts going together hand in hand.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

dtq123

THAT GUY GETS A GUN? I'm 15 now!

Where's my gun!?! :butt:

Seriously, why give an individual who has impaired reasoned due to emotion and (religion) a FREAKING GUN!
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

FieryLocks

Quote from: dtq123 on January 06, 2015, 09:13:30 PM
THAT GUY GETS A GUN? I'm 15 now!

Where's my gun!?! :butt:

Seriously, why give an individual who has impaired reasoned due to emotion and (religion) a FREAKING GUN!
Because wing nut Jesus does it!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

FieryLocks

Shiranu

Quote from: FieryLocks on January 06, 2015, 11:13:00 PM
Armed religious nuts...yeah, that's all we need!

One is part of a terrorist organization, the other is just a nutjob?

Nitpicking, I know...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

dtq123

Quote from: Shiranu on January 06, 2015, 11:14:16 PM
One is part of a terrorist organization, the other is just a nutjob?

Nitpicking, I know...

Question is, Which is worse? :fU:
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

baronvonrort

I know a kid who got an Uzi for his 15th birthday in the USA,20 years later he still hasn't killed anyone

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: baronvonrort on January 09, 2015, 05:57:11 AM
I know a kid who got an Uzi for his 15th birthday in the USA,20 years later he still hasn't killed anyone
I got a rifle for my 15th birthday and I've killed a lot of people. Most of them with a Browning M2 .50 HGB.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers