News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Does anybody here NOT drink booze?

Started by shadowsfall, December 23, 2014, 10:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

I stopped drinking for a few years, right after my firs panic attack, so about ages 24 to 27 or 28.  I think I drank one small glass of champagne someone had gotten for the year 2000 new year party.  This was because some medication I had said not to drink alcohol (more than 3 glasses a week warning), but I was in a very panicky place, so I just stopped drinking.

But then I divorced the rotter I was married to, and met my current husband.  He's not a big drinker, but once in a while would drink with friends at SCA events.  I made friends with a girl that went to these events with our group, and she finally talked me into playing a drinking game with hard lemonade.  I drank 2 and it seems that broke the fear a bit.

I still don't drink much, usually only special occasions.  Sadly, we don't go to SCA events the last few years, so a bottle of wine might last 3 months in the house.  But yeah, once in a while I drink because sometimes, you just need a drink, ya know?

Like when your mom calls and tells you that you and your brother are ruining heaven for her by being atheists.  That got a drink. 
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Jmpty

I believe I have already exceeded my lifetime allotment of alcohol, so I don't drink.
???  ??

gussy

I'll have a beer every now and then.  I hate drinking calories and alcohol has a lot of them. 

kilodelta

I drink a lot less now than I did while I was on active duty. I only have a few drinks a month now. I was drinking 100 beers a month on Okinawa. I kept track by counting bottle caps.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

MagetheEntertainer

I'de much rather have weed, so anytime I want to alter myself thats always my go to.  I do like some of the non alcohol versions of girly mixed drinks tho.

christy starseeker

I've had beer once or twice and it is nasty, my dad gave me beer when i was around 13(dad of the year i know) and i've hated it since XD i've never seen the appeal in drinking alcoholic beverages but i respect people's decision to do so. Wine is OK i suppose, but i hate the burn it gives.

Twilightomens

I never understood why people like alcohol.
Hopefully I never will.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

PickelledEggs

There is nothing wrong with alcohol as long as you know your limits and hold true to them. At the same time if someone wants to not drink, noting wrong with that. I know a lot of people that are really fun and doesn't drink...  And likewise I know a bunch of people that I wish didn't drink because they are annoying as fuck with even 1 drink

Sent from your mom.

Munch

I've learned from experience the dangers of heavy drinking. I watched my dad drink 4-6 cans of carlsberg special brew extra strength every day. He was intoxicated every single day, not able to face reality, and it killed him. His bladder developed cancer from the excessive drink and had to have a bag put in, but even that didn't stop him, so he drank until the cancer came back and got to his liver. He died several years later.

I consider is kind of a blessing (in the none religious sense), I mean I never got on with my dad at all, when you live with a drunk like that nothing can develop. But it did teach me from a teenager the dangers of becoming addicted to drink or other addictions, so in a way dad showed me how to drink responsibly.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GSOgymrat

I don't drink alcoholic beverages because they taste bad, are expensive and can lead to poor judgment. How people think beer tastes good is beyond me; I feel the same way about coffee.

Ironically I had an acquaintance tell a friend they thought I was an alcoholic because I refuse to drink alcohol at social events.

Desdinova

I drink occasionally.  Beer is good, Crown is good.  I think they taste good.  Nothing like an ice cold beer after mowing the grass on a hot summer day.  I used to get drunk, not so much anymore.  I prefer the weed.  A lot less stress on the body and no hangover.  And these days you don't need much.  Back in the 70's and 80's you could smoke half your stash in one night.  Now all I need is a few hits off a bowl and I'm good for the entire evening. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8FzGlgVGdo
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Agramon

I didn't drink until I was 24 for religious reasons. Then I met Mr. Johnny Walker and it's been off to the races ever since.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

agnostic

I've tried beer and I didn't like the taste.