Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Soooo........ Bible Belt

Started by stromboli, March 03, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: Munch on March 03, 2015, 04:43:26 PM
Diabeties = religious nutballs? O.o

I'm diabetic though :(.. these are not my people!

Lol. I have a smoker in my backyard for churning out whole slabs of pork ribs and whatnot. That be some southern lifestyle for this diabetic good ol' boy. :biggrin:

Hydra009

ApostateLois

Bible Belt = diabeetus? I never knew that. Of course, correlation doesn't necessarily imply causation. I'd like to know other factors involved, such as diet, medical checkups, etc. Still, you'd think that the most God-fearing people would have the least amount of sickness regardless of what other factors are involved. Isn't Jesus supposed to heal sickness and protect his followers?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

GSOgymrat

FYI: North Carolina, where I live, ranks 5th in the nation in food insecurity behind Mississippi, Arkansas, Texas and Alabama. One in four children in North Carolina are food insecure. This is a problem particularly in the summer when children are out of school and don't get what may be their one meal of the day. When I was in school there were children who received free breakfast because they were not eating before coming to school. I'm not sure how many public schools currently offer breakfast.

http://hunger-research.sog.unc.edu/datatable/hunger_data

stromboli

Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and heart issues all go hand in hand. They are based on diet and lifestyle. I am currently not considered in danger because I'm keeping my weight down and have not had any issues with blood pressure because I make the effort to watch my diet and exercise regularly. Diets high in red meat and fats without corresponding trade offs of grains and high fiber and soluble fats like fish oil and flax oils are the killers. Just watch any of the barbecue shows on the lifestyle channels and see how many fat people are doing the cooking and eating.

You see ads of fast food places like Wendy's or McD's and you never see fat people in the ads, but a typical cheeseburger and fries meal is hugely fattening and laden with cholesterol. Go see who actually eats at those places and you'll see a lot of fat people.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on March 03, 2015, 04:06:06 PM
do you have a higher res link? I wanted to share this on the facebook page

It's kind of hard to read the words in the picture
That's the largest Google can find. I could jack it some in Paint Shop if you want?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers