Passenger kicked off flight for flipping out over "Merry Christmas"

Started by Mermaid, December 26, 2014, 08:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twilightomens

Why do assholes like this even get on the news? Who is this guy? Why do we care about him so much?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PickelledEggs

Anyone that flips out over being wished a happy day of any kind is a grade-A prick in my book. I don't care if it's merry christmas, happy new year, happy Hanuka, happy holidays... or whatever..... all they are doing is hoping you are having a good day. Don't be an ass about it.

Munch

The whole thing with christmas, religions and celebration, I think about the british and german christmas truce in 1914, where even enemies fighting in war was able to stop for one day and share something in common, to show they were all still human beings.

I think this same thing with christmas, it doesn't matter if your christian, hindu, muslim, atheist or agnostic, doesn't matter if your gay, straight, bi or anything inbetween. It simply doesn't matter what you are, just for that time of the year, your meant to put it all aside and just give a little bit of happiness or cheer to someone else, even a stranger, it doesn't matter what they believe. I might say fuck christianity every other day of the year, but for christmas, I simply let it go and remember to do something decent.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Quote from: _Xenu_ on December 26, 2014, 09:10:56 PM
I definitely sympathize. This season, whatever you call it, consists of constant bombardment and it drives me nuts.
SmOff  Is it a short drive? Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Aletheia

I sense this may have been taken out of context. For instance, I didn't feel too terribly merry this Christmas, but luckily I wasn't pushed to the point of lashing out. This guy may have had a run of bad experiences and this was simply the straw that broke the camel's back.

When it comes to the various holiday greetings, I will return the wish to them, because ultimately that's what they're wanting - reciprocating of the well-wishing. "Merry Christmas" has less of a religious meaning and is more of a social custom. Without the holiday season, winter would be bleak indeed.

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.