Indiana Christian Victim Wants To Pass 'Merry Christmas' Bill Into Law

Started by FieryLocks, December 24, 2014, 05:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FieryLocks

QuoteAn Indiana Republican lawmaker is planning to introduce a bill he said would allow government agencies to display Nativity scenes and protect them from litigation by atheists and civil rights groups, WXIN-TV reported.

“We are as a nation allowing this to continue,” state Sen. Jim Smith (R) said. “We are certainly stealing Christmas from our children and from our culture.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/12/indiana-lawmaker-pushing-bill-to-insulate-government-nativity-scenes-from-atheist-legal-threats/

No one is stealing anything away from you or children you stupid pants wetter, we just want religious crap kept where it beongs, OFF government tax payer funded property. Just a little reminder for these religious crybabies...

"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Munch

Christian "I'M OPPRESSED, ATHEISTS WANT TO STEAL HOW I BELIEVE IN CHRISTMAS FROM ME!"

Atheist "No, we don't, we just want you to stop shoving your beliefs in peoples faces, believe whatever you want in your establishments and home"

Christian "ITS MY AMERICAN RIGHT! AMERICAN IS FOUNDED ON JESUS!"

Atheist "Actually no, the founding fathers didn't, and the bill of rights were not founded upon those principles"

Christian "YOU ATHIESTS WANT TO OPPRESS US!!"

Athiest *opening presents with his family on christmas* "Sorry are you going to keep screaming for attention or let me enjoy this time with my family?"
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

GrinningYMIR

The worst is when they try to claim that you can't celebrate Christmas as an Atheist
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 24, 2014, 08:40:52 PM
The worst is when they try to claim that you can't celebrate Christmas as an Atheist

oh they can say it, I just take what they say with the same level of seriousness as all the other crap they say ^^

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Munch

Part pagan, part ancient Roman, pagans got all the decorations down, Romans made it a party with food, orgies and a sacrifice, which sounds like a hoot.

GrinningYMIR

Orgies aren't my thing, but debaucherous  sex....I could be persuaded

FieryLocks

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 24, 2014, 08:40:52 PM
The problem is they try to tell everyone what to do and how to live. That's why bills like this are inherently dangerous as they can lead to more faith based laws. I mean let's not take care of actual problems, let's legislate a Merry Christmas bill into law. What a waste of tax payer's time and money!
"To surrender to ignorance and call it 'God' has always been premature, and it remains premature today"--Isaac Asimov

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Draconic Aiur

Gawdzilla Sama

Indiana, the third world representative to the United States.

I know, I used to live there. I got the fuck out ASAP. (By that I mean I joined the Navy fourteen hours after I graduated from high school.)
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: Munch on December 24, 2014, 09:19:08 PM
Romans made it a party with food, orgies and a sacrifice, which sounds like a hoot.

Next year, I'm doing xmas properly!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

If I could have a big party of food and drink, have a big'ol man orgy (recorded and sent to every evangelical website), and then sacrifice say Justin Beiber or William Finlay (wild Bill for america) into a pit of fire, it be the best holiday ever.

FieryLocks

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on December 26, 2014, 08:29:23 AM
Indiana, the third world representative to the United States.

I know, I used to live there. I got the fuck out ASAP. (By that I mean I joined the Navy fourteen hours after I graduated from high school.)
I've heard and read that many parts of Indiana are KKK country. Is that true?