News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Christmas Presents

Started by Solitary, December 22, 2014, 01:35:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I'm so excited, I found out I'm getting a brand new Gipson electric guitar and an Amp I can't remember the name of. The guitar is an Epiphone, of course. I like the sound of a Fender Strat, but this is not bad either. If it's good enough for Slash, and you know who, it's good enough for me. This is my first solid based electric. It's black with red on the inside area. Strings very close to the fret, plays like a charm. I think the one I'm getting is made in the USA, and not Taiwan, which are really poorly made. I'm going to need a lot of practice, it's been 20 years since I played an acoustic. Sometimes life is good. I just hope I can play it well when the going gets rough.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Solitary, I hate to break it to you, but I think Epihone is made over-seas in china or something now... Unless it's one from the 60s, it's not going to be made in the US. It still should be a great guitar. Epiphones are amazing nonetheless, but I'm pretty sure they are made in China or something.

If you check the serial number, you can figure out which factory it was made.

Solitary

Quote from: PickelledEggs on December 22, 2014, 01:45:41 PM
Solitary, I hate to break it to you, but I think Epihone is made over-seas in china or something now... Unless it's one from the 60s, it's not going to be made in the US. It still should be a great guitar. Epiphones are amazing nonetheless, but I'm pretty sure they are made in China or something.

If you check the serial number, you can figure out which factory it was made.

My son was with me and the one I'm getting is made here. We went through everyone they had, and most were made in Taiwan, and it really showed. Everything about them was junk. The strings were way too high, couldn't tune them because of cheap hardware that wouldn't stay tight, flaws in the finish, weird sound because of bad pickups. This is really a mistake for Gipson to do this. It will be new for me, but my son made sure it was a good one, whenever it was made I have no idea, but it looked bran new with one very mild paint flaw. It was custom made also, and it said it was on the tag. I guess they think a beginners guitar can be a piece of crap because most beginners quit, but they are sure going to loose business to those that don't. My son checked it out for everything to make sure it was a good one. But thanks for telling me! If my son hadn't known I would have been really pissed off to get one not made here, since I don't know about things I needed to about an electric. Now I just hope I can play it with the problems I have. Then again, it might help for picking fast. He! He!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.