Started by Corporate36, December 08, 2014, 05:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PopeyesPappy

Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: Jason78 on December 09, 2014, 01:36:11 PM
You have to register your political affiliation?  How does that work?

In some states, when you register to vote, you have to pick a party, or pick independent.  Not all states do. I live in Texas and we don't here.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: Corporate36 on December 08, 2014, 05:51:16 PM
For anyone curious, the reason I vote republican is I've been a business person for the past 20+ years and that's the main issue that concerns me in politics.

So, you vote for the party that puts people out of work so they have no money to buy your products?  How does that work?

For the record, fuck no I ain't no goddamn Republican.  To be sure, I'm not exactly happy with the Democratic party.  But hell, clearly the Democrats are better than the Republicans.  They suck, sure. But substantially less.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Mermaid

Quote from: aitm on December 09, 2014, 02:21:40 PM
I am leaning toward our reptilian masters..I wanna be in line for the good spots when they take over......
You must think I stalk you just to "like" your posts, because I almost always seem to feel compelled to do so.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

Quote from: Mermaid on December 09, 2014, 07:53:29 PM
You must think I stalk you just to "like" your posts, because I almost always seem to feel compelled to do so.
You need to get outa the habit of that because I will never return the favor. I don't care for that system. But thanks anyway, but…er….no thanks…  :)
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

It's like the internet version of laughing. Or. Something.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

stromboli

1. I seem to have more likes than most which means either I've been here too long (probably) or I just say the right stuff. I'm sure somebody (probably APA) will set me straight.  :whistle:

B. They want you to register by party here in Utah, but I always register independent. You register Democrat you go on the NSA scrutiny list.  :axe:

III. I really would like to see what the OP's take on the Republican candidacy for president. Silly me.  :think:

AllPurposeAtheist

Well thank GOD this schlub was a drive by rube.. Or at least I'm praying to Her Dental Deity, The Tooth Fairy.. :pray:

I'm convinced aitm is just trolling us.. Such an abuse of mod power.. :naughty:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on December 09, 2014, 11:25:09 AM
That's one of the major factions, but not the only faction.
Yeah, but the right-wing Christians are pretty much the nuts and bolts of the Republican Party these days.  And the ongoing doubling down on social issues that are both lost causes and pet causes of the religious reich isn't exactly wowing moderates, let alone atheists who find the idea of a Jesus Party abhorrent.

Atheon

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 09, 2014, 11:55:02 PM
Yeah, but the right-wing Christians are pretty much the nuts and bolts of the Republican Party these days.  And the ongoing doubling down on social issues that are both lost causes and pet causes of the religious reich isn't exactly wowing moderates, let alone atheists who find the idea of a Jesus Party abhorrent.
There is a libertarian faction of the Repubelican party, but they are far outnumbered by the neocons, who in turn are far outnumbered by the theocons. The party is the party of Bile-thumpers, gawd-bleaters and Jeezus freaks. Their party is the party of Christinsanity.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

stromboli

Oh come now. we may be a cache of liberals, closeted or otherwise, but healthy debate on politics from a Republican atheist in my view would be interesting. I honestly didn't know such things existed.......... :think:

GrinningYMIR

I'm not a big fan of republicans, and I didn't like how this guy blamed games for causing violence, but we may have been too hard on him too early.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on December 09, 2014, 12:59:35 PM
I don't vote Republican... or Democrat, for that matter. I'm an ardent believer in 3rd-party voting, even if people think it's pointless.
It is pointless, but I do it anyway.

PickelledEggs

I really came late to this party, huh? Lol