"I Still Believe Homosexuality is a choice..."

Started by Aletheia, December 04, 2014, 03:54:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Depends on how you define gay ... popular vs technical definition.

You haven't been married, for whatever reason, as I understand it.  I have been, to a woman.  Does that make you more or less gay than I am?  Labels ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Munch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 10, 2018, 03:19:55 AM
Are all the guys here  other than me "gay"?

Dunno why the word gay was in quote marks, maybe you mean is everyone else here happy other then you, to which i'd say no, were all just miserable human beings like anyone else.
If you mean do most of us like playing the two sausage slap fight or cabbage to cabbage truffle shuffle, I dunno, maybe?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

SoldierofFortune

The sense of the word gay which means homosexsual acquired its meaning in 1960s. If it wasnt so, the plane's name wasnt ''enola gay''

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

trdsf

I'm pretty sure not all the rest of y'all are gay, but I know I am.  :)
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Blackleaf

I imagine an atheist forum would attract more people who are gay, given that they are sinners and atheists are devil worshipers. People who are gay know they are accepted here.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

I've mad friends who guys in gay communities over the years who have been religious themselves, upbringing and all, I've never really questioned them on why they believe in something that would condemn them at a moments notice, just guessed that ignore those parts of the faith and find their own interpretation of it that suits them.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

trdsf

Quote from: Munch on April 10, 2018, 12:13:24 PM
I've mad friends who guys in gay communities over the years who have been religious themselves, upbringing and all, I've never really questioned them on why they believe in something that would condemn them at a moments notice, just guessed that ignore those parts of the faith and find their own interpretation of it that suits them.
Depends on the religion, too.  Wiccans and other Neo-Pagans don't really care so much about that.

The ones I really don't understand are Log Cabin Republicans.  That takes some serious compartmentalization to be able to brush aside ongoing Republican efforts to overturn equal marriage rights and support for so-called 'conversion therapy' (both planks in the 2016 party platform), to brush aside the elevation of an anti-gay theocrat to the vice-presidency, to brush aside the hate-filled voices in the "religious" wing of their own party, and still say, "...but we agree on this other stuff, so it's okay."

I mean, sure, I disagree with several stances of the Democratic party and of individual Democratic officialsâ€"but none of those differences are on the scale of an existential threat to my actual freedom and rights as an adult American citizen.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Baruch

In the remake of the Stepford Wives, there is the gay couple, where the Beta male is turned into a Log Cabin Republican ... aieee!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Cavebear

Quote from: Munch on April 10, 2018, 12:13:24 PM

When you are minority sometimes your choices are limited.  I mean, what if you were both gay AND atheist.  I bet that gets you to like less than 1% of the population.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 03:10:18 AM
When you are minority sometimes your choices are limited.  I mean, what if you were both gay AND atheist.  I bet that gets you to like less than 1% of the population.

We are all a minority of one.  But I have sympathy for African-Americans, because for obvious reasons they can't fly under the radar like most gays or atheists can.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 03:10:18 AM
Hey!  I'm a one percenter!  XD

Cavebear

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on April 13, 2018, 07:30:14 AM
I know, and I respect that.
Alas, the one percent I represent doesn't run the world... I think we could do a damn sight better job.  :)

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on April 13, 2018, 02:47:32 PM
Alas, the one percent I represent doesn't run the world... I think we could do a damn sight better job.  :)

Who doesn't?  Personally, I think I would be the best beneficent tyrant on Earth.  Not that I am doing anything to try to be, but I think I would.