News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Really Bill? Goddamn it.

Started by aitm, November 19, 2014, 08:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Yeah. Jimmy Stewart comes to mind. Flew a bomber in WW2, was a Air Force Reserve Brigadier General, lifelong family man who was a doting and loving father, all that. There are good people out there. Like I said, I'll withhold judgment on Cosby until all the facts are known.

AllPurposeAtheist

Still celebrities which means exactly jack shit nothing.. More people know of them and they have more  money than most. Just as many celebrities would step over your dead and dying carcass for a photo opp..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

At first I thought this topic was going to be about me.  :eek:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

No but between me, apa and Strom we can make one for ya, ya old coot!
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Solitary

Atheon

I have no idea if he's guilty or not, but I adhere of the principle of innocence until proven guilty.

Accusations do not = guilt; a determination of guilt comes from a preponderance of evidence. Indeed, this case suffers from what I call "woodwork syndrome", in which dozens of random people come out of the woodwork in a relatively short time making similar accusations of behaviors already publicized, and often adding their own twists, which get more and more bizarre. This has  happened to Michael Jackson, Bill Clinton, and many other cases of lesser prominence. This happens often when people are accused of abusive behavior, and lives have been ruined from accusations that later turn out to be fictional. This :woodwork syndrome" makes me believe even less that he is guilty.

This is not to say he isn't guilty. Maybe he is. But I will withhold judgement until evidence is provided.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Solitary

That is a problem for him, how do you prove a negative? I was accused of something that was a total fabrication and the police hand cuffed me and took me to a mental health facility after the cop  left me in the car for 45 minutes with the windows rolled up and the motor turned off when it was 108 degrees out side---the police didn't believe me, the psychologist or psychiatrist didn't believe, what was worst, my own family didn't believe me. I wouldn't go back to a place that would do that to me, and couldn't find a lawyer that believed me, and lost a job I had for almost twenty years---because they all assumed I was guilty after the rumor went around like wild fire. How could I prove it never took place? This happened after new management (Mormon) took over and found out I was an atheist. Even one of my neighbors was spreading the rumor that worked there and heard it. It seems that the more outrageous a rumor is, the more people are willing to believe it. OJ was lucky to have lawyers he could afford! It's past now, but it was extremely maddening at the time.

Johan

People are sometimes vile. That is only thing that can be said about this right now.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

GrinningYMIR

I think by this point, even if he is innocent, his career is over; everyone is jumping ship now
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mermaid

I am pretty disgusted with the blaming and doubt cast on the women who stepped forward. I need to learn to quit reading comments on these articles.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hijiri Byakuren

Innocent until proven guilty. Accusations are not proof: physical evidence, or GTFO.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mermaid

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on November 28, 2014, 08:43:14 PM
Innocent until proven guilty. Accusations are not proof: physical evidence, or GTFO.
Yes. That is how our justice system works. I don't believe anyone here has said otherwise.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on November 28, 2014, 08:54:41 PM
Yes. That is how our justice system works. I don't believe anyone here has said otherwise.
Never said they did, just throwing in my $0.02. :)
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Mermaid

By the way, what does this mean?
QuotePosts: 2729
In hentai, every kiss begins with RAPE!