News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Goodbye Stephen!

Started by Berati, December 17, 2014, 12:07:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berati

Only three shows left and damn I'm going to miss Colbert. I know he's going to take over The Late Show, but he won't be in character anymore.
Satire at it's finest can expose stupidity in as clear a manner as is possible and Colbert was a genius at it.

Loved his speech before this congressional sub committee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewPburLEZyY
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Solitary

You can tell who were all Republicans, not even a smile.  :super:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Assuming he takes his writers with him, he'll do fine. I got sick of Letterman a long time ago. Might watch that time slot again.
Was a big fan of Johnny Carson. no one has replaced him, as far as I'm concerned.

Berati

Quote from: stromboli on December 17, 2014, 01:25:59 AM
Assuming he takes his writers with him, he'll do fine. I got sick of Letterman a long time ago. Might watch that time slot again.
Was a big fan of Johnny Carson. no one has replaced him, as far as I'm concerned.
Carson was the best. He was also a true skeptic and a huge supporter of James Randi. Who today would have the balls to destroy Uri Geller on air the way he did?
Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."