News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where Do You Stand?

Started by Solitary, November 16, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

The muslim guy approached the preacher guy and violently got in his face. He could have exercised his free speech without being a violent asshole; without intruding on personal space. It  looked like the guy was about to assault the christian preacher. For that, he deserves to be detained...

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 19, 2014, 11:55:44 AM
lol he asks me to show him where he said it, then he goes on to quote where he said it. Kind of hard for it not to be life when you throw away the keys, unless you tunnel out of there and escape.

Oh, you were just joking when you said throw away the keys? Well... I think all gays should be hanged.

Sorry, I was just joking. How could you not see that?

You meet the definition of a bigot if you want someone preaching to be jailed for even one day. How would you like to be imprisoned for speaking about atheism and why you think it's the superior position to take? I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone here other than you wants to be living in your atheist version of the Islamic State. I'd like to keep my hands, head, and freedom.
I would suggest that you take a breather, FaithIsFilth. You're starting to say things that make you look overly childish.

FaithIsFilth

Fair enough. Perhaps I went a little over the top, and sorry for the bad joke. I just wanted to make the point that putting people in jail for their beliefs is wrong, something I think over 99 % of us here would agree with.

Solitary

Your Appeal to the audience is not helping your argument, "we" could all be wrong. When people gather in groups and use a megaphone to preach they are disturbing the peace and deserve jail time, or a fine, even if they are talking about atheism, in my opinion. There is a time and place for things in a free society, and a responsibility to know where to do them and not.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 19, 2014, 02:57:34 PM
putting people in jail for their beliefs is wrong
I agree with that 100%.

I do think that muslim guy should be detained, but it has nothing to do with him stating his beliefs and mostly to do with him getting in the guys face in a threatening way.