News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Where Do You Stand?

Started by Solitary, November 16, 2014, 10:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 16, 2014, 05:14:12 PM
Everybody is entitled to believe what they like wether any of us agree with it or not but standing on a street corner with placards and a megaphone preachin religious rubbish shouldnt be allowed, i have no sympathy for the guy who got headbutted or for the muslim guy who was mouthing off also with his islam shite , they all should've been arrested  end of.
And once again the police stood by and let the situation escalate.....
This sort of draconian law would backfire and would violate our basic and very hard won right to free speech. What do you think you'd get if you preached Christianity or atheism or feminism or your belief in spaceships or whatever in a country like Iran? Who would be the decider of what is right and what you'd get arrested for?

This is what Orwell wrote about.

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

Quote from: hrdlr110 on November 16, 2014, 07:46:28 PM
Nothing like we do with our lack of belief actually! To be exactly like them we'd need to threaten them with eternal torture if they didn't quit believing! It wouldn't get that heated if they were arguing burgerKing vs McDonald's. I find it laughable that neither have any proof, yet insist they have it right! Hilarious, until someone loses a head!
I was being facetious. 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

hrdlr110

Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Solitary

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 16, 2014, 06:39:04 PM
I agree with you both about freedom of speech but when it comes to religion preaching on street corners or on tv or anywhere else except in churches, chapels,or mosques etc where it belongs i say no, lock them all up an throw away the fkn keys..........  too harsh u think ?   well i dont an i make no apologies for it.
Jail someone for talking about religion on tv? You sound as bad as some of the worst Muslims. You do know you can just change the channel, right?

Green Bottle

Quote''Jail someone for talking about religion on tv? You sound as bad as some of the worst Muslims. You do know you can just change the channel, right?
Change the channel ..  orite, so thats what the remote control thingy is for, mmm  thx so much for telling me.

And i didnt say talking, i said preaching, u see the difference ?
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

FaithIsFilth

No, I don't see the difference. I see a bigot who wants to have people arrested because they have different beliefs than him.

Solitary

It's not just a different belief, it is a dangerous belief that history has shown to be true, just like the history of the KKK. It is prejudice, but one that they deserve for being in our face and interfering with our government and our lives, and their organizations don't pay taxes. I don't see anything wrong with prejudice if it is justified, but I do with bigotry. I don't think he is a bigot and doesn't just like them because they are different.  Solitary

Green Bottle

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 18, 2014, 01:51:09 PM
No, I don't see the difference. I see a bigot who wants to have people arrested because they have different beliefs than him.
Dont call me a bigot u fkn arsehole, did u even read my reply, u accuse me of wanting ppl arrested for talking about religion when that wasnt what i said, ill repeat it for you cos your obviously a moron, i said PREACHING NOT TALKING, they are not the same, stupid arse....

FaithIsFilth

Swimming can lead to drowning, but we don't jail people who make shows that show people swimming. Soda makes obesity an even bigger problem, but we don't jail those who make soda commercials. If Green Bottle wants to have someone put away for life for speaking about their beliefs, that's bigotry and no better than the extreme minority of crazy Christians that want us locked up for being atheists or insulting their god.

Free speech is free speech. Even when it's the KKK, whether we agree with what they have to say or not.

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 18, 2014, 05:46:24 PM
Dont call me a bigot u fkn arsehole, did u even read my reply, u accuse me of wanting ppl arrested for talking about religion when that wasnt what i said, ill repeat it for you cos your obviously a moron, i said PREACHING NOT TALKING, they are not the same, stupid arse....
Who is forcing you to listen to their preaching?

Quoteyour obviously a moron
My obviously is a moron? Is that what you meant to type? Or did you mean "you're"?

Green Bottle

''Who is forcing you to listen to their preaching?

Who is forcing you to keep replying with bullshit?

''My obviously is a moron? Is that what you meant to type? Or did you mean "you're"?

Let me answer the question with a question, why dont you fuck off ?

Solitary

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on November 18, 2014, 05:56:42 PM
Swimming can lead to drowning, but we don't jail people who make shows that show people swimming. Soda makes obesity an even bigger problem, but we don't jail those who make soda commercials. If Green Bottle wants to have someone put away for life for speaking about their beliefs, that's bigotry and no better than the extreme minority of crazy Christians that want us locked up for being atheists or insulting their god.

Free speech is free speech. Even when it's the KKK, whether we agree with what they have to say or not.
Is it free speech in a crowded theater and someone yells fire, or causes a riot with their preaching?  I agree that everyone should have free speech whether we like it or not, but there are times when people's safety is at risk, or their peace is disturbed that it is illegal. I know people that have been arrested for disturbing the peace by arguing too loud or playing music too loud. There are limits on free speech. Why do they need a megaphone to preach? That really is annoying, weather it is preaching or just talking, like people on their cell phones that they think they have to yell on them. Everyone just relax, we all have our own opinions, and that's all they are.  :pai: :wink2: :kiss: Solitary 

Green Bottle

''Quote'' If Green Bottle wants to have someone - PUT AWAY FOR LIFE - for speaking about their beliefs, that's bigotry and no better than the extreme minority of crazy Christians that want us locked up for being atheists or insulting their god.

Go on, show me where i said this in any of my previous posts , what i actually said was, '' lock them up and throw away the keys, and i was actually being facetious but you didnt get it and called me a bigot, which im not .

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 19, 2014, 11:03:08 AM
''Quote'' If Green Bottle wants to have someone - PUT AWAY FOR LIFE - for speaking about their beliefs, that's bigotry and no better than the extreme minority of crazy Christians that want us locked up for being atheists or insulting their god.

Go on, show me where i said this in any of my previous posts , what i actually said was, '' lock them up and throw away the keys, and i was actually being facetious but you didnt get it and called me a bigot, which im not .

lol he asks me to show him where he said it, then he goes on to quote where he said it. Kind of hard for it not to be life when you throw away the keys, unless you tunnel out of there and escape.

Oh, you were just joking when you said throw away the keys? Well... I think all gays should be hanged.

Sorry, I was just joking. How could you not see that?

You meet the definition of a bigot if you want someone preaching to be jailed for even one day. How would you like to be imprisoned for speaking about atheism and why you think it's the superior position to take? I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone here other than you wants to be living in your atheist version of the Islamic State. I'd like to keep my hands, head, and freedom.