Getting Fired For What One Says That Isn't Politically Correct

Started by Solitary, November 14, 2014, 03:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: Solitary on November 15, 2014, 09:52:26 PM
Really? I'm 72 years old and I don't know life isn't always fair? So that's the way it should when it doesn't have to be? And what's with the snide remark I shouldn't be teacher? I don't need your advice, and I sure as hell not looking for your approval, but thanks for admitting you were wrong. And I have already mentioned here I was teacher in our local school district for almost 20 years, and I did get run out of a job because, they couldn't fire me---told to them by their lawyers for being an atheist, when the Mormon management found out another man and I were atheists. He got $20,000, and I got full retirement. So yes, I am a little prejudice about this. Why do you keep not telling the truth and making Hasty generalizations, Missing the point evidence, and Ad hominem attacks on me instead of providing answers to what I ask? Doing these kinds of things doesn't help your argument, right or wrong. I've said what I have to say on the matter. And no, I don't agree to disagree!  Solitary

I get that your done with this discussion. So am I. But I do want to respond to the above a bit. First and foremost, I disagree with you on this topic but I did not attack you nor was it ever my intention to attack you. I'm sorry you feel that's what I was doing. I don't believe  you will find any name calling or insults toward you in anything I've written and if you do, I apologize. It certainly was not my intention. I respect you and I value your input here. That doesn't mean I always agree with you nor do I expect anyone to always agree with me. We don't have to agree to disagree, we just disagree on this and likely always will. You see it one way and I see it another. We don't agree on that and we don't have to. I'm sorry you feel I was attacking you and I hope you don't feel I have any sort of problem with you. I definitely do not.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Solitary

:cool: Thank you! And fly back to the Mid West Johan Grahn! oops!  :pai:
QuoteIn a word, duh.
:biggrin:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Eric1958

I'm actually more offended by the fact that an English teacher couldn't express herself better than this. In general, I'm not in favor of firing someone for expressing personal thoughts outside of their place of employment, but it happens and with our love of social media it's going to get worse.

I was more troubled when the ceo of Google resigned because of the flak he took because he had contributed $1000 to the prop 8 same sex marriage ban in California. It was his personal money and he wasn't trying to change policy at Google.

Poison Tree

Quote from: Eric1958 on November 19, 2014, 04:58:51 AM
I was more troubled when the ceo of Google resigned because of the flak he took because he had contributed $1000 to the prop 8 same sex marriage ban in California. It was his personal money and he wasn't trying to change policy at Google.
I thought that was the head of Mozilla
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide