Can you say SPANK? I think you can...

Started by WitchSabrina, February 27, 2013, 02:19:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WitchSabrina

//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/27/keith-ellison-sean-hannity-worst-journalist-fox-news_n_2772687.html?ir=Politics&ref=topbar

QuoteSean Hannity got an earful from Democratic congressman Keith Ellison on his Tuesday show. Ellison exploded at the Fox News host, calling him "the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen."

What made Ellison so angry was a short series of clips of President Obama that Hannity ran just before bringing him on. The clips, which showed Obama talking about the looming budget sequester, were scored to the famously apocalyptic "Carmina Burana." Hannity said Obama was guilty of fearmongering when he talked about the potential effects of the cuts the sequester would impose.

After playing the clips, Hannity welcomed Ellison, who was in no mood to be chummy:

HANNITY: I guess that's what we can describe as staying on message, something the Democratic Party I would argue is very good at.
ELLISON: You're pretty good at it too.

HANNITY: Thank you.

ELLISON: Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I've ever seen.

HANNITY: I can't hear you.

ELLISON: You heard me.

HANNITY: No, say it again. I didn't hear you.

ELLISON: What you just displayed was not journalism, It was yellow journalism. It wasn't anything close to trying to tell the American people what's really going on, and I mean, it's just shocking.

Things did not get friendlier from there. Ellison also called Hannity a "shill for the Republican party," an "immoral" man, and said he was violating "every journalistic ethic" in the book. Eventually, Hannity cut the interview short, saying it was a "waste of time" to continue.

Video is Schweet!!!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Jmpty

Where's the like button?
???  ??

Alaric I

WOOOOOOW.  Damn that was nasty.

BlackL1ght

I'd like to see what Hannity said before then to provoke that. Does anyone have that clip?
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Thumpalumpacus

I wonder why he didn't call Hannity on claiming to be a "registered Conservative"?  That is not a party affiliation I've ever seen on any voter-registration card.  It is not a party in America.  It was obviously pulled out of his ass to avoid admitting  his being Republican.

But the key thing to keep in mind is that Hannity, and most talking heads on American television, aren't journalists.

They're entertainers.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "BlackL1ght"I'd like to see what Hannity said before then to provoke that. Does anyone have that clip?

What provoked it was a pastiche of Obama clips edited to make Obama appear as if he were treating every issue in DC as devastating to the nation.  

http://thehill.com/video/house/285153-d ... journalist

From that link:

QuoteHannity, shortly before introducing Ellison, said the clips showed Obama was more concerned with "fear-mongering" than reaching a deal to avert the $85 billion in automatic cuts slated to take effect on Friday.
"I guess that's what we can describe as staying on message, something the Democratic Party I would argue is very good at," Hannity said to Ellison to open the interview.
"You're pretty good at it, too," Ellison shot back. "Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I have ever seen."
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

Nearly all so call journalism anymore is yellow journalism. It's as if there is THE College of Yellow Journalism these clowns graduate from.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Davka

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Nearly all so call journalism anymore is yellow journalism. It's as if there is THE College of Yellow Journalism these clowns graduate from.
The only news source that even tries to explore both sides of the issues any more is Public Radio. Yeah, they're pretty obviously left-wing, but they regularly bring on right-wingers and let them have their say. Sometimes they even acknowledge that an opposition spokesperson has made a good point.

I won't watch TV news any more. It's all bullshit, you get a better sense of what's happening from Jon Stewart and Colbert than from MSNBC or Fox.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "BlackL1ght"I'd like to see what Hannity said before then to provoke that. Does anyone have that clip?

What provoked it was a pastiche of Obama clips edited to make Obama appear as if he were treating every issue in DC as devastating to the nation.  

http://thehill.com/video/house/285153-d ... journalist

From that link:

QuoteHannity, shortly before introducing Ellison, said the clips showed Obama was more concerned with "fear-mongering" than reaching a deal to avert the $85 billion in automatic cuts slated to take effect on Friday.
"I guess that's what we can describe as staying on message, something the Democratic Party I would argue is very good at," Hannity said to Ellison to open the interview.
"You're pretty good at it, too," Ellison shot back. "Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I have ever seen."

That was a huge clusterfuck. Thank you for that.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Davka"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Nearly all so call journalism anymore is yellow journalism. It's as if there is THE College of Yellow Journalism these clowns graduate from.
The only news source that even tries to explore both sides of the issues any more is Public Radio. Yeah, they're pretty obviously left-wing, but they regularly bring on right-wingers and let them have their say. Sometimes they even acknowledge that an opposition spokesperson has made a good point.

I won't watch TV news any more. It's all bullshit, you get a better sense of what's happening from Jon Stewart and Colbert than from MSNBC or Fox.

Best place to look as per Political Scientists, local newspaper.