Evolution Is Still On Trial

Started by Solitary, November 11, 2014, 07:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

QuoteThe Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science
1012 14th St NW, Washington, DC, United States
Suite 209
Washington, DC 20005 

"I am a professor of history. I spent much of my life struggling with the issue of faith….Your website showed me I could no longer ignore evidence for evolution through natural selection. I could no longer act as an apologist for faith. I needed to let go of my fear of death. I now present the factual evidence for evolution through natural selection in my history classes and spend considerable time on its impact on civilization. Life is so much more beautiful and meaningful without the supernatural."- ARR

Currently between 17 and 21 percent of science teachers nationally introduce Creationism into the classroom, according to researchers at Penn State. It seems impossible, yet here we are nine decades after the Scopes “Monkey” Trial, and evolution is still on trial even as evidence for its truth is overwhelming. 

17 and 21 percent still introduce Creationism in the class rooms. This is fucking retarded!  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Another of a multitude of reasons the rest of the world thinks we are retarded and why our education is slipping even further.

Atheon

It's blatantly illegal. They need to be sued.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca