NY Archdiocese closes 31 Churches Due To Lack of Attendance

Started by stromboli, November 02, 2014, 08:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Green Bottle

Mibbe the closed churches will all be bought up by the Satanists,   now that would be funny.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Minimalist

I think every church should be converted into a house of ill repute.

They are already houses of ill repute.  Turning them into brothels would be a step up.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 03, 2014, 11:29:20 AM
Mibbe the closed churches will all be bought up by the Satanists,   now that would be funny.. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pentagrams on the wall behind the altar, on the floor, and what the Hell, just leave the Crucifixion statues.  They're good as is.

stromboli

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I'd like to point out that those properties, in use or not, are worth millions. If sold, they represent a huge windfall for the Catholics. Anywhere in New York in any of the boroughs is prime real estate. I think the clergy will be in Gold Leaf for their robes and Quail's eggs for the forseeable future.

I've told this story before on here. One of my shipmates on the George C. Marshall, from California, was married to a New York girl. They lived for free in a house owned by a Catholic parish priest who ran a school in the Bronx. I went with them to visit him; dude had a luxury apartment, a fully stocked bar and the complete Playboy collection from day one. I daresay none of those guys are hurting.