Dire Predictions You Can Count On

Started by stromboli, November 05, 2014, 04:45:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

1. Keystone pipeline will be given the go ahead.
2. EPA will be emasculated even more than it is now.
3. The DEA, instead of being done away with, will continue to imprison more people for possession of Marijuana.
4. science funding will dwindle. NASA programs will be throttled.
5. Gay rights efforts at equality will also be throttled.
6. Creationism will be taught at more schools, not less.
7. Funding for alternative energy and global warming initiatives will be throttled.
8. School programs aiding the poor will be stifled.
9. The teacher's union and other unions will be attacked across the board.
10. More abortion clinics will be closed, availability of birth control will be lessened.

Welcome to the 3rd world, ladies and gentlemen.

Mike Cl

Say it ain't so-------but it is.  And maybe even worse than that.  Oh, we are past the 3rd and on our way to the 4th world.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Past and future presidential candidate........

Solitary

The president can only be as smart as the people that vote for him or her. What's that say about both parties?  :eek: What ever happen to: "A government of the people, by the people, and for the people."? What ever happen to representatives that actually represent the people?  It seems to me we a oligarchy now heading toward fascism and there's nothing that can stop it because money talks and BS walks. resistance is futile.  :eek: I really feel bad for the young generation that is coming up next---and in the future when the rich live on Mars, and everyone else is a slave for them on earth---wait,  :shhh: the rich are already are doing that now---while living in gated $10,000,000 communities with guards.  :eek: :police: Happy Days Are Here Again! For the super rich while the rich puppets do the ground work for them.  :popcorn: :popcorn:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Hydra009

Quote from: Solitary on November 06, 2014, 12:01:15 AMThe president can only be as smart as the people that vote for him or her.
With the possible exception of George W Bush, that's not true, fortunately.  We've had some pretty smart presidents over the years.  John Q Public, not so much.

QuoteWhat ever happen to representatives that actually represent the people?
They actually do to some degree.  The public leaned right and so did the ballot box.

AllPurposeAtheist

Strange election. Democratic issues such as minimum wages and others passed overwhelmingly in deep red states and yet people voted, those who bothered to vote elected republicans. The public didn't turn right, the public was convinced voting is a waste of time. Also some pretty shoddy candidates lost to big money interests. Grimes in Kentucky ran as republican light on the coal issue and little more then crapped out on defending the president's agenda and the same happened on down the line.
Democrats need to stop trying to elect republican lite candidates and recruit people willing to fight for things that actually effect lives and not just try to sound like the 'kinder/gentler' republican.

BarkAtTheMoon

That all may be true, Stromboli, but rest assured that the struggling extremely weathly people will get the additional tax breaks they so deserve.

QuoteGrimes in Kentucky ran as republican light on the coal issue and little more then crapped out on defending the president's agenda and the same happened on down the line.

This was really the problem. The Democrats gave the Republicans total control of the tone and substance of the conversation, which was like 95% bullshit, and didn't push any of the positives the Dems and/or Obama have done. They basically hung Obama out to dry trying to distance themselves from him, didn't do much to highlight how full of shit the GOP is and how much they've hurt the country, and hoped for the best. And they wonder why they got their asses kicked.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Solitary

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 06, 2014, 01:09:24 AM
With the possible exception of George W Bush, that's not true, fortunately.  We've had some pretty smart presidents over the years.  John Q Public, not so much.
They actually do to some degree.  The public leaned right and so did the ballot box.
And isn't that what I said---the president can only be as smart as the people that vote for him or her, however, people are getting dumber and dumber. The last president that was smart was Eisenhower in my opinion, even if he was a republican. And Bush wasn't that dumb, just ruthless, like Truman. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Desdinova

Plenty can happen in two years.  All is not lost. 
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

AllPurposeAtheist

One thing that is absolutely certain is a republican congress can no longer sit back to blame Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and the president when all their bullshit policies fail.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on November 05, 2014, 04:45:59 PM
1. Keystone pipeline will be given the go ahead.
2. EPA will be emasculated even more than it is now.
3. The DEA, instead of being done away with, will continue to imprison more people for possession of Marijuana.
4. science funding will dwindle. NASA programs will be throttled.
5. Gay rights efforts at equality will also be throttled.
6. Creationism will be taught at more schools, not less.
7. Funding for alternative energy and global warming initiatives will be throttled.
8. School programs aiding the poor will be stifled.
9. The teacher's union and other unions will be attacked across the board.
10. More abortion clinics will be closed, availability of birth control will be lessened.

Welcome to the 3rd world, ladies and gentlemen.

I would add:

11. Block all Obama's nominations should any cabinet position turn out vacant.
12. Try another 50 times to repeal the ACA.
13. Impeach the Prez over Benghazi.

Hydra009

Quote from: Desdinova on November 06, 2014, 12:21:41 PM
Plenty can happen in two years.  All is not lost.
The best realistic outcome would be a terrible Republican president (redundant, I know) followed by a rebounding dem presence in Congress.

AllPurposeAtheist

My cousin's husband is a conservotwat and said he can't wait to move to Texas when they leave the union and I asked what he'll do for money and food when the federal government seizes all the assets and immediately stops all commerce in and out of the state within the US borders..

"Oh that's against the constitution.." :lol:

stromboli

The damage problem isn't short term but much longer than that. It is what Obama has been dealing with for the past 6 years; the court judges. Circuit and Appellate court judges are the run up to SCOTUS. At the top you've got a conservative majority thanks to Bush and Bush. We get a Republican president and SCOTUS will be locked up for a decade or more with a heavy conservative lean. Don't forget it was SCOTUS that decided the Bush/Gore elections. Y'all remember the hangin' chads?

The courts have removed important portions of the ACA and done other damage. The only reason Prop 8 was defeated and the landslide of gay marriage approval was because of one (1) liberal judge that wrote a huge decision that was too comprehensive to overturn. The gay marriage issue is not settled because 2 appellate judges- both conservative Republicans- have upheld their states' anitgay legislation.

I was an employee of the government for 28 years all told with the GSA and DOD. The Pentagon and all the infrastructure of the DOD and GSA and other agencies is heavily Republican. There has been a continual shift to the right in government management since the Reagan years. I worked for Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush. You even mention you are a liberal it can kill your promotion chances. The military industrial state was hugely enlarged under Reagan and Bush, diminished under Clinton and rebuilt again under Bush. I was well aware of where the funds went and what was available. We are going to be at war in the Middle East for the forseeable future, because it justifies the M/I complex.

By my estimation it would take a Democrat president and a Democrat House and Senate 8 full years to undo what is already there, and even if we have another Dem president, the damage done by Gerrymandering and nullifying voter's rights under Republican will almost guarantee it impossible to have a Dem house and Senate.