News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

What evidence would you accept?

Started by Desdinova, October 28, 2014, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 29, 2014, 10:39:15 AM
Assuming we're talking about the dude that created the billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion, billion of billions of galaxies, we also have to assume, IF HE SHOWS UP, that he can prove without any doubt, he is that dude. So what if he screwed up a few details? I mean that kind of accomplishment would have to overshadow a few minor screw-ups. The problem is: he hasn't showed up so far (HINT, HINT, HINT...)

Yeah, so god created all that, but he also has a personal relationship with each and every believer on a minor planet on the outer arm of the Milky Way galaxy. That god. But not if you are black, African and starving, but only if you are white, American and have middle class parents. Then pray for your Furby for xmas and it'll happen.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: stromboli on October 29, 2014, 11:36:49 AM
Yeah, so god created all that, but he also has a personal relationship with each and every believer on a minor planet on the outer arm of the Milky Way galaxy. That god. But not if you are black, African and starving, but only if you are white, American and have middle class parents. Then pray for your Furby for xmas and it'll happen.
You have to interject mormonism in everything that's said?!!?  :axe:

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteIF HE SHOWS UP
According to Zager and Evans it might happen around 8585 give or take a 1000 years or so. :biggrin:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

If God really did show up and i managed to get a word with him/her id ask,

''oi god, why did you make the Universe so big if were the only one's in it? ah mean, what a monumental waste of fucking resources, you Arsehole''. :popcorn:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Green Bottle on October 29, 2014, 01:04:01 PM
If God really did show up and i managed to get a word with him/her id ask,

''oi god, why did you make the Universe so big if were the only one's in it? ah mean, what a monumental waste of fucking resources, you Arsehole''. :popcorn:
I'd ask why he made me leave my fucking rolling papers at home while I'm stuck sitting in a Toyota dealership waiting room for 2 hours. 

Solitary

I'd believe in God if He smites all the Hypocrites and phoney people in the world.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Desdinova

Quote from: Solitary on October 29, 2014, 03:44:31 PM
I'd believe in God if He smites all the Hypocrites and phoney people in the world.

Who would worship him then?
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Atheon on October 29, 2014, 05:49:22 PM
Show me a god.
The point is that only God can prove his own existence. Nobody can. So if he doesn't show up, game over.

Solitary

:blank: When I look in a mirror I see God, if I didn't, then nothing would exist for me, including me.  Think about it! Our brain takes in information from the world around it and creates what we experience.  :iidea: So reality is just information for us, but what is it really, that provides this information to all of us?  :borg: :eek:  :music2: :pidu:  :undecided: :blank: :angel:  :cool:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mermaid

From the wiki page on scientific method:
Scientific researchers propose hypotheses as explanations of phenomena and design experimental studies to test these hypotheses via predictions which can be derived from them. These steps must be repeatable to guard against mistake or confusion in any particular experimenter. Theories that encompass wider domains of inquiry may bind many independently derived hypotheses together in a coherent, supportive structure. Theories, in turn, may help form new hypotheses or place groups of hypotheses into context.

So this.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: robbcayman on October 29, 2014, 01:28:35 AM
Let's see..

1) Fly out of the sky and make all the dead rise from a cemetery. However, bonus stuff listed below:

2) Get rid of skinny jeans for dudes... forever.

3) Make a woman that is smoking hot who isn't bitchy or needy and just makes me "sammiches" when I ask.

4) Get rid of reality tv.

5) Abolish taxes
Hey man don't knock skinny jeans.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't skinny jeans just tight pants? :think:

Desdinova

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 30, 2014, 09:36:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't skinny jeans just tight pants? :think:

Only skinny people can wear skinny jeans.  Fat people wear tight jeans.  Jeez APA keep up!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Deidre32

Faith is about believing in things unseen, that have no objective proof. When I was a theist, there was beauty in that...but, as an atheist...if evidence were presented, it would fail to be called 'faith.'
Religion would cease to exist, if what it contained (any of them)...could be objectively proven.
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi