Roleplaying and other gaming scenarios

Started by GrinningYMIR, October 27, 2014, 02:15:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

<sorry for the delay all, went pretty much deaf from the plane and I might have an ear infection, been resting up and haven't gotten more story down, might be a little longer>
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 06, 2014, 05:55:58 PM
<sorry for the delay all, went pretty much deaf from the plane and I might have an ear infection, been resting up and haven't gotten more story down, might be a little longer>
<Oh man. I'm recovering from an ear infection. Feel better!

By the way. What does our backstory have to include? (I've never done this, as you can tell)>

Solitary

What have you guys been sticking in your ears?  :naughty:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Solitary on November 06, 2014, 09:28:11 PM
I get an ear infection every time I get a cold... without fail. It's pretty horrible.

:sad2:

GrinningYMIR

<Once I've gotten myself back together I'll give you the full run through on all of it Pickel, atm am a bit impaired :P. Hafta go to school tomorrow as well, got as much passion for that as one has for a used napkin.

Suffice it to say, the backstory is usually given by the DM (Dungeon Master, AKA GM (Game Master) or GR (Game Runner)) for each player's character, to give them some story to launch themselves from, instead of just being thrown into the game. >
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on November 06, 2014, 09:42:33 PM
<as much passion for that as one has for a used napkin. >

<I have unloaded a lot of passion in to used napkins in the past....>

GrinningYMIR

GrinningYMIR

<Anyway, Pickel, a backstory like I said is a springboard used to start up the character, Usually the DM decides the backstory, but in this particular one, because it is brand new I gave a bit of leeway to the players, some of whom added their own kinks to the story, which is fine.

But all should note that in the future they won't have as much control over their backstories, given that this is a new story and that I was impressed by the effort that was put in, I allowed some extra stuff to take place. In the future, I will directly make the backstories and the players will just roll with it.

If you want suggestions on RPing in general I could just say roll with it, write an essay if you want, but just act how you think your character could act. As you get more experience you start adding small touches like little things your character does (Rubbing a scar absentmindedly for instance) It all depends on you. I even had a guy whose face had been burnt up by a mage, so he wore a mask to cover it all up.

It'll come to you eventually, do not worry about that.>

GrinningYMIR

<For further reference, there are four of you left in the room, however, the two NPC's leave. For combat information, one is the squad Medic, and the other is a rifleman.

You also have a choice when it comes to squad leader, proper military protocol would have the highest rank/most experienced individual in command, but I will allow you guys to "elect" a leader if you will, should you decide upon it. If not I could always delegate it to an NPC but I'd rather not, I want you guys to play and find out for yourselves ya know. >

PickelledEggs

<guys. Sorry to say this, but I don't think I have enough time for an RPG right now...>

*Steve French is found at the bottom of a very tall staircase with 2 broken arms, shattered hands, and shattered feet broken legs. He is now useless in this mission*

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on November 06, 2014, 09:28:11 PM
Reading..Well sort of reading this I think I'm qualified to say it sure as fuck ain't q-tips..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Solitary

"Theta and his squad got ambushed and wiped out!"  General of LDS high command:  "We will concur Earth with the help of Almighty God our Savior!" 
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GrinningYMIR

<Sorry for the delays guys, should be an update today>