The Myth Of The Tiny Radical Muslim Minority

Started by stromboli, October 24, 2014, 11:55:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 31, 2014, 07:44:57 PM
Now go fuck yourself.
*mod mode* Hakurei, there was no need to insult him like that. Keep it civil, please.

Munch

Although we live in more civilized times now then we did 60-70 years ago, as is obvious in the progression of time, there is something to be side on just how far can certain western countries like the UK or America can support people coming from less developed countries.

Its one thing to have people come here because their countries shit and doesn't even have health care let alone human rights, but its another thing when they come to western countries and bring their religious bullshit and violence with them.
And kind of like trying to remove cancer from healthy cells, is very hard to do and zero in on the people who just want to be free of tyranny, to those who want to bring there violent mentality here.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a national incident were to happen related to islamic extremists, causing countries like the US and UK to start coming down on all migrants, good or bad.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on November 01, 2014, 10:20:12 AM
Although we live in more civilized times now then we did 60-70 years ago, as is obvious in the progression of time, there is something to be side on just how far can certain western countries like the UK or America can support people coming from less developed countries.

Its one thing to have people come here because their countries shit and doesn't even have health care let alone human rights, but its another thing when they come to western countries and bring their religious bullshit and violence with them.
And kind of like trying to remove cancer from healthy cells, is very hard to do and zero in on the people who just want to be free of tyranny, to those who want to bring there violent mentality here.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if a national incident were to happen related to islamic extremists, causing countries like the US and UK to start coming down on all migrants, good or bad.

There is an answer to those Muslims living in Western countries, who use their "right to demonstrate" to advertise their discontent with not having sharia law, or whatever gripes they have against the West, and that is to tell them if they were demonstrating in Saudi Arabia, they would more likely be imprisoned and tortured as the "right to demonstrate" in those Islamic countries doesn't exist. Also, if they are unhappy being in a Western country, they are free to immigrate to those Islamic countries. It's up to the population, along with the media, to show them and letting them know that their thinking is quite narrow, and they are unaware of what they are asking. 

pr126

Modern Day Trojan Horse: Al-Hijra, the Islamic Doctrine of Immigration, Accepting Freedom or Imposing Islam?

QuoteThe first fundamental principle for the creation of a successfully visible Islamic society is to be separate and distinct... "Sam Solomon and E Al Maqdisi have provided the general Western public a valuable service in publishing this book." Rev Dr Patrick Sookhdeo Director of the Institute for the Study of Islam and Christianity "If only one piece of information pertaining to Muslims and Islam is ever read, it would be this book on Al-Hijra." N Keas Phd Lecturer and Communication Consultant "I hope that every person in the Western world reads it, including the sleeping political elite. This book should bring about a much needed awakening." Geert Wilders MP Chairman Party for Freedom (PVV) Sam Solomon, a convert to Christianity and an expert on Islam, is a senior lecturer and research coordinator, a human rights activist and an advisor to British as well as European parliamentarians. Sam has authored a number of thought-provoking books and numerous articles on Christian Muslim relations. E Al Maqdisi is a prolific writer and debater, an author of some 15 books, and a regular contributor to many Internet sites on this complex subject of Islam and its teachings.

Muslims immigrate to the west by the millions, not to escape Islam, but to bring it with them.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: pr126 on November 01, 2014, 01:46:32 PM
Modern Day Trojan Horse: Al-Hijra, the Islamic Doctrine of Immigration, Accepting Freedom or Imposing Islam?

Muslims immigrate to the west by the millions, not to escape Islam, but to bring it with them.

Many Muslims do, and that's why we must be vigilant in making sure these do not win the day. We live in a democracy, and in a democracy, there is always a struggle as people voices their different points of view. You just cannot live in a democracy, clap your hands and go on a permanent vacation. A democracy requires that its citizens keep abreast on information and play an active and sustaining role. Go on a permanent vacation, and the barbarians at the door will have free hands to take over. You can then kiss goodbye to your democracy.

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 01, 2014, 04:36:22 PM
Many Muslims do, and that's why we must be vigilant in making sure these do not win the day. We live in a democracy, and in a democracy, there is always a struggle as people voices their different points of view. You just cannot live in a democracy, clap your hands and go on a permanent vacation. A democracy requires that its citizens keep abreast on information and play an active and sustaining role. Go on a permanent vacation, and the barbarians at the door will have free hands to take over. You can then kiss goodbye to your democracy.

It's kind of like what happened after we deposed Saddam and turned the government over to the people.  They then democratically voted not to have a democracy.  I get that, you can't push it on anyone.  And it's more than just a cooperative effort.  Most importantly, it must be a desired state by a large majority, and it's about as fragile as a system can be.

josephpalazzo

Another problem in the ME is that not only are they divided along religious lines - Sunnis and Shiites- but also along tribal lines, making a near impossibility for democracy to take roots. In the West, you would have to go more than a 1000 years to see tribal factions killing themselves to grab power.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on November 01, 2014, 01:00:58 AM
While you so fervently championing for the freedom of Muslims in America, perhaps you can find some time to find out how Muslims treat minorities in Muslim ruled countries.
The copts in Egypt, or Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhist blacks  in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Turkey. Yemen, Somalia, Libya, Saudi Arabia, and everywhere Muslims rule.

But that means nothing to you. It happens far away in another universe.
I've asked this before, and you've never answered with any coherent plan: What would you do about this?

What, you don't have an answer for me? Then how is what I'm doing any better than what you're doing?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

Hakurei Reimu
QuoteI've asked this before, and you've never answered with any coherent plan: What would you do about this?

What, you don't have an answer for me? Then how is what I'm doing any better than what you're doing?
1 stop uncontrolled immigration from Muslim countries.
2 Treat Muslims equally. (not preferentially.)
3. Stop pandering, lying, whitewashing, down playing, ignoring  the Islam menace.

Other than that, I don't have a plan, I don't need a plan, I am not Obama, Cameron, or anyone that people listen to.

You don't have a plan either.
You are quite happy the way things are as it is. You cannot find anything wrong with it. Can you?

Sharia law or gay marriage critics would be branded ‘extremists’ under Tory plans, atheists and Christians warn

QuoteAnyone who criticises Sharia law or gay marriage could be branded an “extremist” under sweeping new powers planned by the Conservatives to combat terrorism, an alliance of leading atheists and Christians fear.

Theresa May, the Home Secretary, unveiled plans last month for so-called Extremism Disruption Orders, which would allow judges to ban people deemed extremists from broadcasting, protesting in certain places or even posting messages on Facebook or Twitter without permission.

The freedom of non Muslims are constantly eroded to accommodate sharia law.
Do you know what sharia laws are?  Do you care?

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: pr126 on November 02, 2014, 01:16:37 AM
Hakurei Reimu1 stop uncontrolled immigration from Muslim countries.
Every country already controls immigration. Oh, you mean the UK's immigration. What the hell can I, an American, do about that?

2 Treat Muslims equally. (not preferentially.)
I do this already. Muslims have the right to rant and rave as much as they want. I have the right and responsibility to tell them to go fuck themselves.

3. Stop pandering, lying, whitewashing, down playing, ignoring  the Islam menace.
Yes, and stop pandering, lying, whitwashing, downplaying, or ignoring our own role in this whole mess by trying to dictate to that region how it should run their affairs. Nobody likes this.

And as to the "menace," I think you exaggerate the menace to the western world. The WTC attack merely killed as many people in the US as die in car crashes in a month. The US paid the Muslim world back handsomely for that slight, but in doing so damaged our own reputation and financial security. It's a losing proposition either way, and in many situations, the only winning move is not to play.

You don't have a plan either.
Well, golly, thank you for noticing that, genius. You know, after I all but told you I don't have a plan other than to uphold the ideals of my country.

You are quite happy the way things are as it is. You cannot find anything wrong with it. Can you?
Who's strawmanning now? I'm not happy about the situation, but I can't do anything about it, either. It is beyond my power to change, and I'm not going to worry about what I cannot change. I'll make noise, but I'm not going to twist myself into knots over what I cannot change.

Sharia law or gay marriage critics would be branded ‘extremists’ under Tory plans, atheists and Christians warn

The freedom of non Muslims are constantly eroded to accommodate sharia law.
Do you know what sharia laws are?  Do you care?
That's in the UK. Like it or not, that's on you and you don't need me to remind you. We all know that Sharia is terrible, and I have never once said that you shouldn't stop Muslims from undermining your laws.

What I believe is that Muslims have the right to rant and rave on how much they want Sharia as much as they want. In turn, it is your right and responsibility to loudly remind them that they are not the dictators of law in the UK. Any law that hobbles this is to the detriment of the Western World.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

pr126

Hakurei Reimu wrote:
QuoteThe WTC attack merely killed as many people in the US as die in car crashes in a month.
I am not sure that the families of the victims would be happy with your analogy.

But,   it was an act of god.   Here:

Sura 8:17 Pickthal

Ye (Muslims) slew them not, but Allah slew them. And thou (Muhammad) threwest not when thou didst throw, but Allah threw, that He might test the believers by a fair test from Him. Lo! Allah is Hearer, Knower.

sasuke

Quote from: pr126 on October 30, 2014, 03:15:28 PM
Really? That's all it needed? Why doesn't this work with Muslims?

Why we don't see Christians rampaging all over the planet raping, looting, beheading, enslaving, mass murdering non Christians?

If all religions are the same, then every religion would behave like Islam does. But they don't.
So all religions are NOT equal. It doesn't need a genious to work that one out.
I didn't say that they're equal in every sense.  Only in the way that they both have too many conservatives supporting their crazy ideals or crazies.  I didn't make any comments as to which ideals (as they're being taught in both camps) are better or worse.  Try again.

stromboli

Please note that this man is a Jordanian-Palestinian politician. Jordan has recognized Israel as a state and is considered a moderate Islam country. This does not put Jordan in the camp of ISIS, but obviously there are people who are willing to promote it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1koyPZ8nlrY

AND this exchange, between an American moderate and a British radical cleric.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tbmnX8pZmc

I NEVER SAID THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS. But it should be apparent that Islam and ISIS can draw from the rank and file of Islam to fuel terrorism and even a totalitarian state, which is ISIS' goal. And I maintain it is not a few "bad apples in the barrel" but a significant number, even if they are a minority.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: josephpalazzo on November 01, 2014, 01:08:52 PM
There is an answer to those Muslims living in Western countries, who use their "right to demonstrate" to advertise their discontent with not having sharia law, or whatever gripes they have against the West, and that is to tell them if they were demonstrating in Saudi Arabia, they would more likely be imprisoned and tortured as the "right to demonstrate" in those Islamic countries doesn't exist. Also, if they are unhappy being in a Western country, they are free to immigrate to those Islamic countries. It's up to the population, along with the media, to show them and letting them know that their thinking is quite narrow, and they are unaware of what they are asking. 

If they want to use their freedom as Westerners, they should 'go home', even if they've lived here for generations, eh? I am so tired of the 'if you have a problem with something here, leave' non-argument.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina