News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Thoughts on Bronies

Started by Munch, October 24, 2014, 02:53:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

Hey Hydra, Hasbro Greenlit an actual MLP movie, possibly theatrical, that will be the actual characters, not EG stuff.

Neat
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hydra009

Season 1, Episode 1.  Establishes the characters and includes extremely important background/setting info.

But season 1, episode 4 (Applebuck Season) establishes the general formula of the show and the animation norms.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on December 31, 2014, 04:27:07 PM
Season 1, Episode 1.  Establishes the characters and includes extremely important background/setting info.

But season 1, episode 4 (Applebuck Season) establishes the general formula of the show and the animation norms.

Ep 4 is a good episode too
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

GrinningYMIR

Just don't watch mare-do-well, probably my least favorite episode

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 01, 2015, 10:24:43 PMJust don't watch mare-do-well, probably my least favorite episode
Yeah.  Me, too.  Dash goes from being being slightly arrogant to Kanye arrogant.  And her friends kinda act like jealous assholes.  And the town is beset with an inexplicably high amount of disasters in a very short span of time.  It's a mess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9MFv4Xk12E

GrinningYMIR

The whole episode just screams mediocre, It was the only episode I never watched all the way through, I was like "Yup, fuck this shit"

Kanye level arrogance? I like that expression

aitm

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on December 15, 2014, 08:49:55 PM
Derpy makes everything a bit more surreal

And now you know why she better get her muffins
its like I am reading Russian or sumpin…….you guys are just a little on the other side of …odd… but in a nice fluffy, cinnamon odd….kinda
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

We're atheists, the majority of the world considers us odd, watching MLP can't really make us any more odd haha

plus I happen to heartily enjoy both being an atheist and watching mlp

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 01, 2015, 11:28:21 PMplus I happen to heartily enjoy both being an atheist and watching mlp
Remember Feeling Pinkie Keen when ardently skeptical and analytical Twilight says "Just because I don't understand doesn't mean it's not true!"

*double facehoofs*

Just goes to show that not all the morals the show teaches are actually good morals.  We got a reversal in Leap of Faith but damn, Feeling Pinkie Keen's ending was a doozy, and not in a good way.

GrinningYMIR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMLNEZYcRdI

Could you imagine Hasbro letting anti-religious stuff through? They'd face a backlash nearly as big as when Derpy had a speaking roll, the fans would probably react worse to that upcoming ship-crushing episode in season 5, but the rest of 'Merica, would shit their collective religious pants over it

Celestia and Luna are basically Demi-gods anyway, there's probably some meta emphasis that Harmony and Disharmony are the essential Gods of MLP, though they are not traditional Gods, fit for a debate

Still, I do wish they kept Twilight as her skeptical self, Pinkie's stuff could just be a weird magic that only manifests every so often. but I could also see why she was like "Fuck it, I'm done" at the end of the episode

Hydra009

I agree.

Oh, and while the thread's active, I just want to say that I finished Fallout Equestria.  10/10.  Certified Epic.

It starts out kinda weak, but I swear to Celestia, every chapter gets better and more engrossing.  After the team is assembled, it's basically impossible to put down.  Good setting, good plot, well-developed characters who consistently act in character, awesome action with some really disturbing scenes and some really humorous moments and even some romance.  It's pretty much everything anyone could hope for in a fanfic.  And that ending.  I cried like a little filly.

I started reading it again in progressively smaller doses every day just to not quit cold turkey.  I've since decided to try out Project Horizons next.

GrinningYMIR

Well keep this thread going as long as we're still interested! Which we are at the moment.

Good Celestia, they finally finished fallout? I really need I to read that now

Haven heard of project horizons, is it any good?

By the moon I shall eventually finish my ff! I swear to Luna I'll see it finishe and good! Anypony who says otherwise can go to Tartarus!

Should probably sleep first though, conking out as I'm typing this :P feels like when scoots was fighting sleep only I'm not afraid, Im interneted

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on January 02, 2015, 01:05:33 AMHaven heard of project horizons, is it any good?
No idea.  I'll let you know when I know.

QuoteBy the moon I shall eventually finish my ff! I swear to Luna I'll see it finishe and good! Anypony who says otherwise can go to Tartarus!
I recommend the audio series.  (I'm a very slow reader and this is a very long series, so I had to use it to keep a decent pace.  At only 62 hours, it's still a beast to get through.)

The recitations are kinda choppy, especially in the first few videos, and he does goof a line every blue moon, but the guy apparently recites an hour's worth of story or more all in one sitting (madness!) all while doing different voices (the madness has been doubled!).  Serious props.

GrinningYMIR

Once I finished with that I'm on now I'll give it a try, might put it on my ipod and listen to it like an audiobook.

Recently watched a mini-movie version of My little dashie, and it was surprisingly good. The comic version of it was arguably better, but the people in the movie version did a good job considering, plus the VA's were pretty spot on. Filly dash is almost too adorable to keep your sanity too.

I am consistently impressed with fan fiction writers, a lot of them are just awful but many of them do really good jobs with what they're trying to do.

GrinningYMIR

Is it bad that I laughed at this?