News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Happy to be here

Started by DavidSeidman, November 03, 2014, 02:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidSeidman

Hi, everyone. I'm a writer whose next book, WHAT IF I'M AN ATHEIST?: A GUIDE FOR TEENAGERS, is coming out in March from Beyond Words, an imprint of Simon & Schuster. You can see more about it here: *mod's message: link removed*.

Now that the book is done and I have a few moments to breathe, I thought I would hang around here and get into the community that I've been covering.

Thanks for letting me join you.

GrinningYMIR

Now I'm all for new folks joining up, but usually its seen as impolite to self-advertise, particularly on the first post. Might be against the rules actually...

Anywho, welcome to the party, we don't have jackets yet, but we do have a frightening reputation, and a desire to learn!

and a desire to eat babies, not all of the stereotypes are untrue
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

DunkleSeele

Hi David, and welcome to our forum.

According to our forum rules, members are allowed to advertise only if they've been members for at least 3 months and have made at least 30 posts. That's why I've removed your link.

Please feel free to participate to our discussions or create new threads (you can do that once you've at least 10 posts). I hope you'll feel at home here.

stromboli

Welcome. After 3 months you get the secret recipe book. But we need you to sign a non-disclosure agreement and we need the extra set of your car keys. The latter is because you might be a christian in disguise, and if you Rapture, we get the car.  :biggrin:

Mr.Obvious

Welcome David, to our little band of heathens.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Solitary

Welcome aboard David! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Welcome to the Madhouse David...... :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: stromboli on November 03, 2014, 03:45:08 PM
Welcome. After 3 months you get the secret recipe book. But we need you to sign a non-disclosure agreement and we need the extra set of your car keys. The latter is because you might be a christian in disguise, and if you Rapture, we get the car.  :biggrin:
DIBS!

And welcome, David.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

PickelledEggs

That other lady posted a book and then fucked off after the initial link post / link removal.

You wouldn't happen to be related to CarrieBee, would you?

SGOS

stromboli

I'm afraid we didn't meet his expectations........

Zutara

Quote from: Green Bottle on November 03, 2014, 04:52:30 PM
Welcome to the Madhouse David...... :shifty:

I guess Anthrax was correct in saying 'It's a madhouse!" :p
"The Emperor... wants to conquer outer space. Yoda... wants to explore inner space, and that is the fundamental difference between the good and the bad side of the force." - Moff (Human Traffic)

"Sleep is for the weak." - Tom (Toonami)

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust