Does anyone have experience with "elemental hair analysis"?

Started by PickelledEggs, December 01, 2014, 02:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I was asked by my mom today if I wanted to get an elemental hair analysis. It's allegedly supposed to tell you what nutrients/chemicals are low and what you have too much in your body by testing hair samples submitted to a lab. I wanted to ask you guys because my mom has been engulfing herself in bullshit pseudosciences lately and now that this one seems to hold water, I can't be sure because of who is telling me about it.

GrinningYMIR

Theoretically it might be true, I'm not certain but it could be like a DNA sample where they test it to see if its healthy, never heard of that kind of an analysis, but it could possible be right

Still left going "Dafuq is dis" thouhg
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

aitm

sounds like mom is going to give you a drug test under the pretense its "hair analysis".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

There are legitimate scientific analyses involving hair samples.  "Elemental hair analysis" does not not appear to be one of them.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/hair.html

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on December 01, 2014, 03:13:44 PM
sounds like mom is going to give you a drug test under the pretense its "hair analysis".
No she is just crazy. She is getting one and so is my dad and sister.

And thanks, Hydra. Good find. I going to need to bookmark the main page from that site.

Jason78

Quote from: aitm on December 01, 2014, 03:13:44 PM

This was my first thought too.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato