President Obama Called Nigger By Tea Partiers

Started by stromboli, February 15, 2013, 09:40:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SvZurich

I've heard my step-father call the President that word, and tell me that his brain was too small to handle the job based on his race.  When I pointed out that he was equally white and raised in a well to do white community and earned his degrees, step-bigot just made more excuses.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"
Quote from: "Atheon"What is to be expected from the teabaggers? Two things define them: stupidity and bigotry.

and yes, some idiots and bigots.

I doubt they have more than the typical amount of the latter two, though.
Who knows, but they are the ones screaming the racial slurs.  We don't hear that from the other two parties.

Bigotry takes many different forms.  I'm not justifying their idiocy, just saying that it is not unique to them.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Shiranu

Quote from: "Atheon"What is to be expected from the teabaggers? Two things define them: stupidity and bigotry.

I think that's a little overbroad there, myself. From my experience in both SoCal and Texas, they're a heterogeneous grouping of conservatives disgusted with the political process in this country, citizens concerned about illegal immigration, libertarians who think the government is overweening, paranoid freaks who've crawled out from their militia movements, Christians trying to rebrand their politicization of their religion, history buffs who fetishize the words of the Founders, and yes, some idiots and bigots.

So... idiots and bigots.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Indeed, I am inclined to believe that idiots and bigots are more the jello than the oil.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

HitchensFan

Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Pics or it didn't happen.  One DailyKos article isn't enough.

I remember the rather famous non-incident during the passage of Obamacare where the Congressional Black Caucus walked straight through a group of Tea Party protesters followed by lots and lots of television cameras.  The cameras did record lots of booing and jeering.  The one thing the cameras did not record was all the racial epithets that the congressmen claimed to have heard.

I find it incredibly sad that I had to go all the way to page 3 (4?) to see this response.

DailyKos makes Fox News look credible, and you all eat this shit up without any audio, video, pics, or anything other than hearsay on fucking DailyKos for god's sake.

~edit: yeah page 4

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Shiranu"So... idiots and bigots.

Just because someone has views I don't agree with doesn't make them automatically idiots.  YMMV.

The bigotry of some of them seems plain, and that does mark those individuals as idiots.

Quote from: "aitm"Indeed, I am inclined to believe that idiots and bigots are more the jello than the oil.

It wasn't the best wording I've ever used in my life; bigots are clearly a subset of idiots, as my last post makes plain.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Shiranu"So... idiots and bigots.

Just because someone has views I don't agree with doesn't make them automatically idiots.  YMMV.

The bigotry of some of them seems plain, and that does mark those individuals as bigots.

There are plenty of people I disagree with whom I don't consider idiots. The problem was only the first group aren't inherently idiots.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Shiranu"There are plenty of people I disagree with whom I don't consider idiots. The problem was only the first group aren't inherently idiots.

So you're comfortable labeling entire groups as "idiots"? If that's the case, I'll skip, thanks.

Also, I'm unclear why you think Libertarians or theists are inherently idiots.

I took the time to look up "bigot" in the Oxford Dictionaries:

QuoteDefinition of bigoted

adjective

having or revealing an obstinate belief in the superiority of one's own opinions and a prejudiced intolerance of the opinions of others:

a bigoted group of reactionaries
a bigoted article

http://oxforddictionaries.com/definitio ... sh/bigoted

I don't think the Tea Party has a lock on that quality, do you?

Shiranu

Quote from: "Shiranu"There are plenty of people I disagree with whom I don't consider idiots. The problem was only the first group aren't inherently idiots.

So you're comfortable labeling entire groups as "idiots"? If that's the case, I'll skip, thanks.

No, just 51%+ of them.

Thumpalumpacus

Quote from: "Shiranu"

No, just 51%+ of them.

51% of whom?  Could you be clear?

Shiranu

I think that's a little overbroad there, myself. From my experience in both SoCal and Texas, they're a heterogeneous grouping of conservatives disgusted with the political process in this country, citizens concerned about illegal immigration, libertarians who think the government is overweening, paranoid freaks who've crawled out from their militia movements, Christians trying to rebrand their politicization of their religion, history buffs who fetishize the words of the Founders, and yes, some idiots and bigots.

The above mentioned groups, minus the first.

Thumpalumpacus

So you've met "51+%" of those groups?  Pardon my skepticism, but I ain't buying it.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "HitchensFan"
Quote from: "Jason_Harvestdancer"Pics or it didn't happen.  One DailyKos article isn't enough.

I remember the rather famous non-incident during the passage of Obamacare where the Congressional Black Caucus walked straight through a group of Tea Party protesters followed by lots and lots of television cameras.  The cameras did record lots of booing and jeering.  The one thing the cameras did not record was all the racial epithets that the congressmen claimed to have heard.

I find it incredibly sad that I had to go all the way to page 3 (4?) to see this response.

DailyKos makes Fox News look credible, and you all eat this shit up without any audio, video, pics, or anything other than hearsay on fucking DailyKos for god's sake.

~edit: yeah page 4

What's funny is that in the comments on the article people are criticizing it for being unsourced saying things like "this is what gives us at Kos a bad name."  It only took 3 hours for a comment like that over there, but people are still saying "racist teabaggers" over here.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Jmpty

???  ??

Jmpty

???  ??