News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Two Health Workers Now Infected With Ebola

Started by SGOS, October 15, 2014, 06:27:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Munch on October 15, 2014, 08:39:12 PM
Which begs the question on how the others got infected. We're these nurses wiping the spittle from him, or blood, or from cleaning his bed sheets?
Saw a news report on it. Apparently they were infected while removing their protective gear, due to a common mistake in which healthcare workers actually wear too much protection, which is difficult to remove without accidental contamination occurring.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Poison Tree

I must say, I'm enjoying the cognitive dissonance being displayed by a Republican Nurse I know on facebook:
"why isn't the federal government stepping in to make sure hospitals are safe?"
"why aren't we detaining travelers?"
"Who cares the cost as long as we are safe."
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Hydra009

Forget cognitive dissonance, this is cognitive whiplash.

Poison Tree

She--as of yet--hasn't started worrying about the "scam vaccine" (others have) but is convinced that Ebola can be spread airborne and that current Personal protective equipment is ineffective against it; but she's still pissed that the feds haven't given every single healthcare worker their own [ineffective] personal protective equipment. She thinks this is part of the "end times".

I'm still waiting for her husband to chime in. He is convinced that zombies will attack right before Jesus comes back. But don't worry, he knows how to camp and has jugs full of water (mixed with bleach to "keep it fresh") so the family (including a 2 year old) will have plenty to drink.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Shiranu

Gotta love going to the forum just to see a bunch of people say how much you should be quarantined and left to die a horrible death because stereotypes. Thanks guys.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 16, 2014, 01:44:40 AM

Forget cognitive dissonance, this is cognitive whiplash.
Did that guy really just blame Obama?????

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on October 16, 2014, 02:47:08 AM
Did that guy really just blame Obama?????

its cause Ebola killed thousends of black Africans. Obama set up a secret lad in his native country of blacktown with his black scientists to make a cure for the whities, but it got out of hand and now spread to the blackies because god made it so.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

What's wrong with those people, can they get it right? At science 2.0, they have it straight up on wearing and removing equipment.

http://www.science20.com/the_conversation/how_are_nurses_becoming_infected_with_ebola-147025

pr126

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait till flu season is in full tilt boogie season.. Try getting into an ER with a fever.. Off to the FEMA DEATH CAMP FOR YOUUUUUU... MUHAHAHAHA!  :shhh:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

I noticed that the same congress that can't possibly debate military action in the middle east until January (if ever) managed to find time to rush back to DC for some political theater about Ebola.

the_antithesis

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 15, 2014, 08:52:33 AM
Big shock it happened in of all places, Texas..

It's because they're so fucking sinful.

AllPurposeAtheist

When can we get a Just Shut The Fuck Up czar?

AllPurposeAtheist

OH SHIT! TIME TO PANIC!

Quote(CNN) -- A cruise ship plowed through the waters of a Texas port on Sunday with precious cargo on board -- the end of a small Ebola scare. A passenger had been loosely linked to the only patient to die from the disease in the United States, but health authorities cleared her after an odyssey at sea.

After voluntarily isolating herself in her cabin, she remained symptom-free and her lab tests looked good, the Galveston County Health Authority said. She and a travel partner were allowed to disembark.

The drama goes back to her work as a lab supervisor at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, the center of a maelstrom of Ebola fears in the United States.

It's where Liberian patient Thomas Eric Duncan was misdiagnosed and later died, and where two nurses became the first people to contract Ebola in America.

Hospital apologizes

And on Sunday, with the eyes of the nation upon it, the hospital took out a full-page newspaper ad, once again offering an apology.

We slipped up; we're deeply sorry; we'll do better.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/19/health/us-ebola/

You know when a hospital says oops it's time for mass hysteria.. :think:

I really have to wonder about anyone's judgment who thinks, 'Yanno.. I think I'll save up 6 months wages and take a cruise on a floating toilet..'

AllPurposeAtheist

Just as a frame of reference more people have died in New Hampshire from mosquito bites this year than ebola in the entire US..
QuoteSleeping sickness or Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) has claimed live of another person in New Hampshire, taking the death toll to two in the state this season.

The person died by the arbovirus spread by the mosquito in mid-September, confirmed the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services.

Including the victim, the mosquito-bitten sometimes fatal disease has so far affected three people, while two have died from EEE in the state this season.
http://www.wallstreetotc.com/eastern-equine-encephalitis-claims-second-life-new-hampshire/210844/