To Hell with Horrible Huckabee!

Started by Solitary, October 08, 2014, 03:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Dreams of Theocracy: Republican presidential hopeful Mike Huckabee is urging Christian conservatives to vote so that those who “refuse to hear God’s heart” can be replaced by the faithful.

Read more: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2014/09/huckabee-wants-to-fire-atheists-working-for-the-government/#ixzz3FaD6Z4Kh

Some of you are frustrated and even upset and angry about America, and I get it. And I say to you, the answer is as simple as it is that the answer to the phones in our hearts that God is ringing. When we register people to vote, when we get them to the polls to vote, when we hire the people that will take our values to this city, and when we fire the ones who refuse to hear not only our hearts, but God’s heart.

Huckabee, the host of Fox News’ “Huckabee,” and former governor of Arkansas, ran for president in 2008 and is considering running for president again in 2016.

In a press conference before his speech, Huckabee said he will likely decide on whether or not to run in the early Spring of next year.

The suggestion that federal employees who “refuse to hear God’s heart” should be replaced by those that do “hear God’s heart” is deeply disturbing, and contrary to the secular values upon which this nation was founded.

Indeed, the US Constitution stipulates that no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States. The “No Religious Test Clause” of the United States Constitution is found in Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

In his speech, Huckabee also railed against the courts. Angry about marriage equality for gays and lesbians, Huckabee said that the Supreme Court and judicial system don’t have any more authority and power than the legislative and the executive branches of government:

This nonsense that has happened where individual judges around the country have decided that they can upend the duly passed laws and constitutional limits in states that affirm natural marriage â€" we need to say no: judges don’t get to legislate.

Huckabee concluded his speech by saying:

That’s how we change America, my friend. Let’s make this a nation once again that unapologetically bows its knee before a holy God.

Huckabee’s good-natured manner masks a dangerous yearning for an America that never was, but could be: a Christian theocracy built on ignorance and religious superstition. It is incumbent upon those that respect the secular values upon which this nation was founded to reject and oppose Christian extremists like Huckabee and others appearing at the 2014 Values Voter Summit this weekend.

http://youtu.be/mxHQC8edOoI

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing new here.. He once suggested that everyone should have to listen to his bitch preacher even at gun point.. Ahhh Nostalgia is a seductive liar isn't it?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

The fact that a vacuous pinhead like Huckabee can get elected is scary in itself. The shit that spews out of his mouth is only an indicator of how thick his skull is, and how small his brain.

Minimalist

Huckabee.. and other lunatics like Santorum and Cruz are very important.  We need them to rile up the shitheads who form the base of the republicunt party so that they turn the 2016 primary season into a bloodbath between the money wing and the batshit wing of the party.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SGOS

Quote from: Solitary on October 08, 2014, 03:58:00 PM
The suggestion that federal employees who “refuse to hear God’s heart” should be replaced by those that do “hear God’s heart” is deeply disturbing, and contrary to the secular values upon which this nation was founded.

That's a shameless self promotion if I ever heard one.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Minimalist on October 08, 2014, 11:45:23 PM
Huckabee.. and other lunatics like Santorum and Cruz are very important.  We need them to rile up the shitheads who form the base of the republicunt party so that they turn the 2016 primary season into a bloodbath between the money wing and the batshit wing of the party.

Yep,  I'd love for the huckster to get the rep nomination and virtually guarantee another dem win in 16!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

AllPurposeAtheist

The Huckster is trying to channel his inner Bed Time for Bonzo. Anyone remember when the R's captured the evangelical crowd lock stock and barrel? Why it was IIRC when soon to be president Bonzo during the R nomination acceptance speech involved big spooky in the sky for the first time and prayed for everything that was corrupt, rotten and good in America... He's only about40 years to late and a few trillion dollars short.
All I can say is big spooky help us if the choice comes down to Willery and the Huckster..

AllPurposeAtheist

I might add that if Huckster gets the nomination and the democrats DON'T crucify him for his theocratic intentions it's game over.

Minimalist

Trouble in BatShit County, though.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mike-huckabee-independent-gay-marriage-gop

QuoteHuckabee: GOP Needs To Fight Gay Marriage Even More Or I'm Leaving

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Minimalist on October 09, 2014, 01:56:51 PM
Trouble in BatShit County, though.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/mike-huckabee-independent-gay-marriage-gop

Here in SC they're having kittens over it. You would think they've decided that all hetro couple have to divorce and all hetro men have to take dick sucking proficiency exams..

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 09, 2014, 02:10:35 PM
Here in SC they're having kittens over it. You would think they've decided that all hetro couple have to divorce and all hetro men have to take dick sucking proficiency exams..

He's basically lambasting his own party. That is like being the guy on the top of the human pyramid dropping his pants and crapping on the people below. Politically astute, this guy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Huckster will give first hand lessons on biblical cock sucking..

Minimalist

QuoteHere in SC they're having kittens over it. You would think they've decided that all hetro couple have to divorce and all hetro men have to take dick sucking proficiency exams..

I'm sure  quite a few could pass with flying colors.

-- H. L. Mencken