'white' lesbian couple sue sperm bank over black baby

Started by Munch, October 04, 2014, 12:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf39us

Sperm bank screwed up plain and simple.

They failed to provide a product to the customer where it was requested.  Worse yet, it's an irreversible mistake.  The sperm bank is definitely in the wrong and needs to pay up and big. 

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 07, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
The city they are in is a "white flight" city, founded pretty much to give people a place to go to get away from all the "coloreds" moving in to other neighborhoods.

Yep.  The North gave us White Flight, which is why the South is so racist.
The south was racist long before "white flight" in the north and the north was also as racist.. White flight had more to do with mobility and the rise with tract housing, institutionalized discrimination by the insurance and lending companies, freeways and cheap cars. ..among other things.. Policing, federal and local policies and so on..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

EvanGalea

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 04, 2014, 12:52:51 PM
The sperm bank probably had a first come, first serve policy.

You mean first cum first serve?
Some people say that vampires hate garlic and sunlight. But what they REALLY hate, is turtlenecks.

Besides, a lot of girls seem to like them. If the idea of a pale antisocial white guy appeals to you, why not date me?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: EvanGalea on October 07, 2014, 02:58:33 PM
You mean first cum first serve?
We in the English speaking world refer to that as implied reference..

Solitary

Quote from: Munch on October 07, 2014, 08:36:39 AM
Well, cause the parents themselves made it so, saying stuff like how they live in an all white area and they wanted a white child so its not faced with discrimination for being black in this 'all white' area.
The fact these are two lesbian women, while as many people consider gay couples to be taboo as much as mixed race, makes you wonder how these two think about the implication of racism when the kid having gay parents is a none issue in there eyes.

And thats not me being homophobic I am gay, but you get my point, if its an all white area that would have issues with a mix race family, then surely the same would be for gay parents with a child. In other words the parents seem rather selective of what they consider an 'issue' here.
So you don't think their child would be discriminated against in an all white neighborhood by two lesbians?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

They would just put the donors in a room with a common bucket, and then stick it in the refrigerator at closing time.  The next day, they would put the sperm is vials, and label them with a date, just a date.  When they got an order, they would add details that were requested.

That's the nature of such business.  Did you ever wonder when you have a loved one cremated how much of the ash you get back is actually grandpa, and who else is in the box with him?

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 07, 2014, 02:37:01 PM
The south was racist long before "white flight" in the north and the north was also as racist.. White flight had more to do with mobility and the rise with tract housing, institutionalized discrimination by the insurance and lending companies, freeways and cheap cars. ..among other things.. Policing, federal and local policies and so on..

That pleading really is special.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

aitm

I think I would be pretty pissed if I my wife delivered a black kid..and I am sure I would be pretty pissed if I got a child of any other race. Its not really racist to want a child that at the very least is the same "color" as you. People who have children of other races are wonderful but don't tell me the kid does not go through some shit over it, even if its not alot, its shit I don't a child to have to go through, so why would I want my child to go through it? In another 20-30 years maybe race will be a quieter issue (one can hope) but its not now.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

You know the irony, the current president of the united states is mixed race. His mothers white and fathers black, so yeah, if there was any time for an example of a mixed race child would seem acceptable and not taboo, it be now.

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 07, 2014, 10:27:36 AM
The city they are in is a "white flight" city, founded pretty much to give people a place to go to get away from all the "coloreds" moving in to other neighborhoods.

Yep.  The North gave us White Flight, which is why the South is so racist.
...I'm still trying to figure out what your point is here. Would you care to elaborate why this is at all relevant to the plot?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 07, 2014, 07:20:47 PM
...I'm still trying to figure out what your point is here. Would you care to elaborate why this is at all relevant to the plot?
Jason's pretending to be smart again..

aitm

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on October 07, 2014, 07:20:47 PM
because there are not just one but very very many towns where white people still don't want black people to live in.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: aitm on October 07, 2014, 07:52:20 PM
because there are not just one but very very many towns where white people still don't want black people to live in.

I would have thought those towns would be just as backwards towards gay couples too though.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

aitm

I grew up in an all white town..and they still are. 6 gays kids that I grew up with committed suicide before they were 30( unfortunately they never left that stupid town), but there are gay people there now and they are well known about. There are still no blacks, or anyone of any color, other than the last of the two native indian families.

AllPurposeAtheist

"White flight" has not one fucking thing to do with the law suit which on the face of things is over medical malpractice. The women wanted a white kid and got a black kid. It has not one fucking thing to do with a bunch of lilly liver mother fuckers afraid of their own shadows.