News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desdinova

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 06, 2015, 07:09:53 PM
Must have had a rough year for you, child beaters and all. :)))))  As a die hard Packers fan, Sharon and I had a good chuckle at your expense this year. :)  Must be tough rooting for a franchise whose biggest hero is 'Wrong Way' Marshall. I will admit that I rooted for the Purple People Eaters in each championship game and Super Bowl--disappointed each and every time.  Hell, the Red Sox finally won another--maybe the Vikings will to---one day.

There's hope.  I mean, we look like we have a solid head coach and a promising QB.  He won't be an Aaron Rogers, but he looks pretty savvy back there.  The defense looks better and with Zimmer it should keep improving.  I always though we should be trading AP like the Cowboys did with Herschel Walker back in the day.  Get a ton of draft picks and use that to build upon.  Now I doubt if we could get a 3rd round pick out of him.  But overall, yes, it's tough to be a Vikings fan.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

Mike Cl

Quote from: Desdinova on January 07, 2015, 11:38:54 AM
There's hope.  I mean, we look like we have a solid head coach and a promising QB.  He won't be an Aaron Rogers, but he looks pretty savvy back there.  The defense looks better and with Zimmer it should keep improving.  I always though we should be trading AP like the Cowboys did with Herschel Walker back in the day.  Get a ton of draft picks and use that to build upon.  Now I doubt if we could get a 3rd round pick out of him.  But overall, yes, it's tough to be a Vikings fan.
It is true I am a life long Packer backer, but I have never 'hated' the Vikings.  Why?  Because the high school team I played for was called the Herlong Vikings.  Which is a bit odd, considering Herlong is in the middle of the desert. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Deidre32

Can't believe Steelers lost...waaaaa!!!
One thing to play your best, and the other team just plays that much better...but...to just give it away.

That was horrible.

In other news, I read an article that Katy Perry is going to 'diss' Taylor Swift at the SB half time show. Ha! I know that you're thankful I shared that with you all. ^_^
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Shiranu

Mmmm... yes... those are definitely teams. From places. With people.

I think I am learning.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on January 11, 2015, 08:26:38 AM
Mmmm... yes... those are definitely teams. From places. With people.

I think I am learning.
Well, I don't know if I'd call the Raider Nation as 'people'. :)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Brian37

Bye bye Cowboys, have a nice trip back to Dallas.......HE HE HE HE HE.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mike Cl

Notthesun

My Packers beat the Cowboys! Wooo!
Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

hrdlr110

Quote from: Notthesun on January 12, 2015, 01:02:50 AM
My Packers beat the Cowboys! Wooo!

And now YOUR packers get to travel and play MY Seahawks! Good luck with that.....
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

hrdlr110

Quote from: aitm on January 18, 2015, 10:08:05 PM
oooo…Pat V Hawks….me likey

The Hawks will be blown out if they play like that again. The good lord was with them today!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Hijiri Byakuren

I don't really care for handegg, but if the Hawks lose my boss is gonna be piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissed.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Who cares? OSU won the national championship!
BUCKEYES!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Desdinova

Come APA if the Bengals were still in it you know YOU would care!
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate