News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

one of the seabirds said gameplan was simple. if you cant go at them fast, then do it faster
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

I was happy for Clinton McDonald. He was drafted in late rounds by the Bengals, but a few years ago when Leon Hall was hurt the Bengals were desperate for a corner so they made a trade to Seattle for another corner. McDonald would've been a starter for the Bengals except he was behind Geno Adkins who the year before lead all interior defensive linemen in sacks so McDonald got to clobber Manning. Oddly enough both Hall and Adkins were hurt again this year.
Anyway...as is usually the case great defense beats the crap out of great offense.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "mykcob4"He blamed everybody but Manning for mistakes on the field.

The fact is that Seattle was just better and had a better game plan. They didn't need to blitz because the front four were able to apply pressure to the immobile Manning. Both teams made mistakes but Seattle made fewer and their mistakes were not costly. Denver was exposed for what they are, a purely offensive team who relies on the cerebral Manning to win the game. Seattle was fast aggressive and talented. They stayed in their defensive set not worrying about Manning would call. They knew that they could match up one on one so it just didn't matter.
As the saying goes, "Offense can get you to the playoffs, but defense wins the Super Bowl."
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Of the past 6 times the #1 D played the #1 O the D has won 5 of em.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "mykcob4"He blamed everybody but Manning for mistakes on the field.

The fact is that Seattle was just better and had a better game plan. They didn't need to blitz because the front four were able to apply pressure to the immobile Manning. Both teams made mistakes but Seattle made fewer and their mistakes were not costly. Denver was exposed for what they are, a purely offensive team who relies on the cerebral Manning to win the game. Seattle was fast aggressive and talented. They stayed in their defensive set not worrying about Manning would call. They knew that they could match up one on one so it just didn't matter.
As the saying goes, "Offense can get you to the playoffs, but defense wins the Super Bowl."
"Good pitching beats good hitting every time."
"Never foul a jump shooter."
"Only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball and 2 of them are bad."
"Let the club do the work."
"You can't teach speed."
"Make your body as water. Become the vessel."

mykcob4

The one ad that through me for a loop was the Scientology ad. "Science and religion are one" as if scientology knew a thing about science.

Poison Tree

Except for the bizarre decision not to account for Percy Harvin, Denver's defense didn't play too bad when the game was close--forcing two field goals on short fields, bottling up Lynch. After the kick return TD more and more of them joined DRC in deciding that it was simply too much effort to bother tackling.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

kilodelta

Quote from: "mykcob4"The one ad that through me for a loop was the Scientology ad. "Science and religion are one" as if scientology knew a thing about science.

It would have been more accurate had they shown a pile of shit with a scientology sign stuck in there.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Fox is letting scientology muscle in on the holier than god right wing? That's really odd!

Insult to Rocks

Here's a nice article I found showing a nicer side to the superbowl://http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/sherman-has-nothing-but-praise-for-manning-after-super-bowl
That must really suck to be taken out of the superbowl due to injury. But it's nice to see the two more famous players on the team getting along.
"We must respect the other fellow\'s religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart."
-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Insult to Rocks"Here's a nice article I found showing a nicer side to the superbowl://http://t.foxsports.msn.com/nfl/sherman-has-nothing-but-praise-for-manning-after-super-bowl
That must really suck to be taken out of the superbowl due to injury. But it's nice to see the two more famous players on the team getting along.
Pllllllt.. I care as much about their feel good stories as I do Justin Bieber feel good stories..

stromboli

Justin Bieber feels good? What did he feel like?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "stromboli"Justin Bieber feels good? What did he feel like?
Just like you..all used up.  :)

AllPurposeAtheist

Do you need more proof that the NFL is a non profit social welfare organization dedicated to the good of all?

AllPurposeAtheist

My favorite non profit is in full swing and nobody talking about the games, just the Ray Rice/washed up running back/wife beater and the cross the NFL is hanging him on all in the name of revenue from female fans..errr I mean domestic violence..
Does anyone seriously buy the NFL gives a rats ass about domestic violence over revenue from female fans? It's a cynical ploy they play and even though they tossed out the tokens of Ray Rice and wear little pink items during games for breast cancer awareness the bottom line is still the bottom line. "Try to not piss off half the US population to much."