Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Go do your best Richard Sherman.  They'll LOVE you..  =D>
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aitm

I believe this is going to go down as THE biggest bust in the history of the game AND it comes at the team proclaimed the HOLY GRAIL of football greatness during the reggie season. Wow..just ..mother fucking wow.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

PickelledEggs

Remember, Bronco fans... Some zeros are heroes.

aitm

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"Remember, Bronco fans... Some zeros are heroes.
[ Image ]

that must be some kind of math thingy...I have to have Joe explain it to me, he can use small words better.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

It means everyone's a winner...even the losers. #-o

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "aitm"
[ Image ]

that must be some kind of math thingy...I have to have Joe explain it to me, he can use small words better.
Zero was one of the protagonists (good guys) in the Megaman series. His name was Zero... never mind. I have the worst jokes ever...  :lol:

aitm

Quote from: "PickelledEggs"
Quote from: "aitm"
[ Image ]

Zero was one of the protagonists (good guys) in the Megaman series

ohhhhh....I got it....

er

what the fuck is a megaman?

AllPurposeAtheist

Denver never really played any really good defenses all  regular season.  They feasted on the defensive cellar dwellers for the most part to pad mannings stats.

Poison Tree

Quote from: "aitm"I believe this is going to go down as THE biggest bust in the history of the game
Actually, not even the worse super bowl lose by Denver
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Shiranu

I enjoyed it, but then I love North West teams.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"Worst

Superbowl

ever
My step-dad was predicting that the real Superbowl was two weeks ago between Seattle and San Francisco. We currently have a theory that both teams were trying out cannabis as a way to calm the players' nerves for the game, but that the Seahawks did it before the game started while the Broncos were still smoking joints as the game went on. :lol:
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Insert appropriate word here: trample, eviscerate, slaughter, decapitate, bury, obliterate, humiliate, destroy, murder, squash, defenestrate, strangle, smear- choose one.

hillbillyatheist

I'm going with curbstomp. LOL
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

mykcob4

My best friend and avid NFL fan invited to watch the game with him. We went to the grocery store for supplies before the game. While checking out he asked me what my prediction was for the game. I said I think that it will be a mess of a game, not cleanly played or officiated, and that I think Seattle will eke out a win. Man was I wrong. My friend said that he thought that Manning would demolish Seattle (he hates Pete Carroll and Richard Sherman). even though my friend is rather short like me, he holds a prejudice against short players like Russell Wilson. I told him that he doesn't know what he is talking about when it comes to athletes that aren't very tall. That they made it to the pros for a reason and their height didn't become an obstacle. Of course during the game my friend saw penalties that weren't called and probably didn't happen. He went into pure racist mode when Richard Sherman was hurt on a play(my friend is a FOX watching conservative). He blamed everybody but Manning for mistakes on the field.
The fact is that Seattle was just better and had a better game plan. They didn't need to blitz because the front four were able to apply pressure to the immobile Manning. Both teams made mistakes but Seattle made fewer and their mistakes were not costly. Denver was exposed for what they are, a purely offensive team who relies on the cerebral Manning to win the game. Seattle was fast aggressive and talented. They stayed in their defensive set not worrying about Manning would call. They knew that they could match up one on one so it just didn't matter.
My friend went into hyper damage control after the game. He said well Seattle won't be very good once those contracts start to mature. I told him that it didn't keep them from winning the Super Bowl this year, but that maybe he is right. Although my friend is pretty knowledgeable about sports, the NFL in particular, he has never played the game. He is a fantasy player who doesn't really understand what it is like to be on the field. He sees everything in statistics and the conservative prejudice that a FOX watcher sees. I played football in high school and I know what it is like and what I experienced can't even compare to the speed talent and power of the pro game. So my friend is profoundly disappointed and I am sad for him but not too sad, and today is just another day and the Super Bowl is now over with. Hurray, now we can get things done!