News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Discussion Thread

Started by The Dude, February 25, 2013, 09:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian37

Riggins was damned good too. He didn't dance around you, he ran over you.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Thumpalumpacus

Flacco's good.  He's not that good.
<insert witty aphorism here>

The Dude

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Flacco's good.  He's not that good.

He's actually very good, and one of the more underrated QBs in the NFL today, even after winning a Super Bowl.

But is he $120 million good? No, I don't think so. It's very likely that this is his prime, and by his 4th or 5th year of his contract Baltimore will wish they didn't spend that kind of money on him.

Thumpalumpacus

Exactly.  You're right that he's pretty damned good, and deserves good money.  But I wonder if Newsome didn't just make  a bit of a cap-mistake.
<insert witty aphorism here>

AllPurposeAtheist

Fake-o isn't $120 million good.. After all.. Carson Palmer used to routinely beat him with crappy Bengals teams.... :-k
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Notthesun

Poster formerly known as Sky;Walker.

His life rushes onward in such torrential rhythm that only angels and devils can catch the tempo of it.

Brian37

"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

I hear the skins are thinking Teabowmania to go with RG..

IT'S FOOTBALL TIME AGAIN! :)

AllPurposeAtheist

Once again I predict the Bengals win 162 games and go on the win the world series.

Brian37

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Once again I predict the Bengals win 162 games and go on the win the world series.

Ok, step away from the Bible and no one gets hurt.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Once again I predict the Bengals win 162 games and go on the win the world series.

Ok, step away from the Bible and no one gets hurt.
It's just good weed and probably to much, but I'm happy about it. ;)

Agramon

I'm interested to see how the Cardinals do with Carson Palmer at the helm. I'm gambling on a great Palmer-Fitzgerald-Housler(TE) connection in fantasy this year.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

hrdlr110

Quote from: "Thumpalumpacus"Writer posted a YouTube video

I reckon db's would beg to be blocked if nobody got a piece of earl at the los. Much better to be hit by a guard or lead back, than to be posterised by thunder thighs!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Agramon"Peyton Fucking Manning.
It's never a bad thing when superbowl winners get the floor mopped on them, especially if they're Baltimore. Joe Fake-o..  =P~