News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

10 Most Likely States to Hit a Deer

Started by SGOS, September 28, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 28, 2014, 08:12:14 PM
I guess it can't ever be humerus then..... isn't that humorous?
A deer with arms would definitely be humorous and likely mythological at the same time.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

???  ??

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

The deer I hit was a young doe. My kids were so inured to blood and gore from me hunting that by then, they didn't even say "eww". Yup, definitely raised em' right.  :biggrin:

SGOS

For all the critters I've hit, I don't actually know if any of them died.  They all walked or ran away.  Of course that doesn't mean they didn't have internal injuries that would kill them in a couple of days. I even hit a wee spotted fawn once, but by the time I hit it, I was probably going 5 MPH, although it did make a loud "thump" when I hit it.  One of the bears I hit at about 40 MPH.  He ran in front of me, and almost made it, but I hit him in the ass and sent him for a couple of somersaults.  He finished the last somersault on his feet and made the transition from rolling to running with gymnastic ease.  He just kept going and ran into the woods.

Desdinova

As a native of and resident of the fine state of West Virginia, I would like to point out that Deliverance took place in and was filmed mostly in Georgia.  Although Wrong Turn was about West Virginia, but was filmed somewhere else.  As far as deer go, there are hordes of them.  I've only hit one, a fawn, it survived and appeared to be uninjured after it basically ended up on the roof on my car.  Well, gotta go fornicate with some relatives.
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

SGOS

Quote from: Desdinova on September 29, 2014, 12:33:33 PM
As a native of and resident of the fine state of West Virginia, I would like to point out that Deliverance took place in and was filmed mostly in Georgia.
Actually, I knew that when I wrote it, but I was hard pressed to come up with something to join in the merry fun making of West Virginia.  And I did watch the movie Wrong Turn, which was more ungracious to West Virginia than anything I've said here.  But accept my apology, which I was hoping I wouldn't have to make, hoping no one here was from West Virginia.  Actually, I think Virginia is a fine state, and excellent state, best state in the whole damn country.  Are we still friends yet?  I want to move to West Virginia.  It's always been my dream.  So are we OK?

Desdinova

Quote from: SGOS on September 29, 2014, 12:43:02 PM
Actually, I knew that when I wrote it, but I was hard pressed to come up with something to join in the merry fun making of West Virginia.  And I did watch the movie Wrong Turn, which was more ungracious to West Virginia than anything I've said here.  But accept my apology, which I was hoping I wouldn't have to make, hoping no one here was from West Virginia.  Actually, I think Virginia is a fine state, and excellent state, best state in the whole damn country.  Are we still friends yet?  I want to move to West Virginia.  It's always been my dream.  So are we OK?

LOL, no offense.  I've lived here all my life, and believe me there's nothing you can say that I haven't heard before.  That being said, we don't do ourselves any favors, and deserve a lot of the shit we get.  If you want to see a good movie about WV try "Matewan" directed by John Sayles.  It deals with labor union organizing in the coal industry in the 1920's.
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

SGOS

Quote from: Desdinova on September 29, 2014, 12:54:42 PM
LOL, no offense.  I've lived here all my life, and believe me there's nothing you can say that I haven't heard before.  That being said, we don't do ourselves any favors, and deserve a lot of the shit we get.  If you want to see a good movie about WV try "Matewan" directed by John Sayles.  It deals with labor union organizing in the coal industry in the 1920's.
I watch a couple of movies a day.  I'll see if I an find Matewan.  Lets see.  October Sky comes to mind.  I think that was in West Virginia.  Very good movie.

stromboli

Quote from: Desdinova on September 29, 2014, 12:54:42 PM

I have seriously considered moving there, because I've seen real estate prices that were way below what they are here. And they have mountains. My son in law is from there, and he says the roads are like twisted and steep. I love twisted and steep.

Desdinova

Quote from: stromboli on September 29, 2014, 02:48:55 PM
I have seriously considered moving there, because I've seen real estate prices that were way below what they are here. And they have mountains. My son in law is from there, and he says the roads are like twisted and steep. I love twisted and steep.

Come on Strom!  Love to have you here!  We do have some crazy roads, and lots of mountains and outdoor naturery stuff.

"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

SGOS

I've driven through West Virginia a number of times.  Even the Interstates are twisted and steep.  I also looked at real estate, and prices are reasonable.  I looked at a couple of places that came with free natural gas for as long as there's natural gas.  But I didn't settle there.  Just didn't find the right place.

stromboli

I'm definitely interested, but the wife isn't. We have family here, she likes to see the grandkids and stuff. Oh well.

Desdinova

Quote from: SGOS on September 29, 2014, 04:11:07 PM
I've driven through West Virginia a number of times.  Even the Interstates are twisted and steep.  I also looked at real estate, and prices are reasonable.  I looked at a couple of places that came with free natural gas for as long as there's natural gas.  But I didn't settle there.  Just didn't find the right place.

Here's a video of the drive on I-77 south from Charleston to Beckley.  I used to live in Beckley but I'm originally from the Charleston area so I've driven this road hundreds of times.  In a small nimble car it's a blast.  The distance is about 50 miles, but condensed down to a ten minute video it looks like your going 200 mph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-NTWePEOys
"How long will we be
  -Disturbed, Liberate

stromboli