Crippled O'Hare Facility Disrupts Air Traffic

Started by SGOS, September 29, 2014, 07:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.yahoo.com/faa-wants-restore-chicago-air-traffic-mid-october-001045762--finance.html

This is one of those news links that leaves so many unanswered questions.  Of course it's a link of Yahoo.  If I were smarter, I would have googled the New York Times, which usually does a very good job at including relevant information in it's articles.  But here I am, posting my bewilderment in the forum.

A guy is hired as a technician at an air traffic control facility, and after 8 hours on the job, he sets the place on fire, stopping air travel in and out of Chicago and then causing delays for another month until the facility is repaired.  He's been charged, which suggests... well, that he's been charged.  Is this guy a terrorist, crazy, or incompetent?  No clues in the article, and when they finally figure out why he did it, the news is unlikely to report that.  I hate it when this happens.

Thanks for your indulgence.   :surprised:

PopeyesPappy

Been following this fairly closely. I'm heading home Saturday, and between the volcano in Japan fucking with my flights in/out of Tokyo and this shit fucking with my flights in/out of Chicago I'll be lucky if I get there...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 29, 2014, 08:44:01 AM
Been following this fairly closely. I'm heading home Saturday, and between the volcano in Japan fucking with my flights in/out of Tokyo and this shit fucking with my flights in/out of Chicago I'll be lucky if I get there...
Is Chicago your destination, or just a stopover?  They might route international traffic through some other airport if it's a stopover.

PopeyesPappy

It's a stopover.

Naha to Narita to Chicago to Huntsville. 22 hours...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Solitary

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on September 29, 2014, 10:19:57 AM
It's a stopover.

Naha to Narita to Chicago to Huntsville. 22 hours...
Does an Italian Greyhound Chihuahua mix count? I love that dog, he never leaves my side.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh boy! Sitting 22 hours on a flying sardine can!  I would tell you I'm green with envy, but my mama taught me to never lie..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

My aunt had a stop over in Chicago and her flight out for noon yesterday got delayed to 3pm, then delayed 15 minutes at a time until eventually canceled hours later. She's now scheduled to fly out at 9pm tonight. She said if that flight gets canceled she's renting a car and driving
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Desdinova

"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate