The Tea has a bit of a nutty flavor to it.

Started by Alaric I, February 24, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric I

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Alaric I"http://www.facebook.com/events/211694208972279/
Fuckin nut bags.
It's not tea.  It's Kool-Aid, and they drank too much of it.

There's Kool-Aid to be drank on both sides, just a different flavor.

Alaric I

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"So, if I genuinely believe that a congressman has committed treason, and let us assume that the crime in question is public knowledge, so I could reasonably claim that I have seen the crime take place, shouldn't I, in theory, be able to do a citizens arrest?

Yes, public officials are not exempt to the law; no matter hard they try to be.

QuoteAgain, of course, I know that reality is that I'd get hauled off to jail.  I'm just trying to think about what, in theory, could be done?  And how, perhaps, it should really work?

As long as you did it peacefully, thre should be no reason for you to get hauled off to jail.  Now the case probably wouldn't go to court, but if you got arrested that is corruption at it's best.

Hydra009

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I still don't know (or can't tell) what climbed up their asses THIS time?
now what?
The same thing that was always up their asses - their heads.  Down with Obama, down wit' da gobernment (dey dun gonna take er gunns!)  Same ol', same ol'.

It's actually an interesting mishmash of teabagger, birther, and conspiracy theorist talking points mixed with right-wing news stories and quotes from famous politicians of old meant as endorsements of what can be generously referred to as their way of thinking.  Pure inept rage and self-important screeds.  It makes for enlightening reading, just not in the way the author intended.

I particularly love how they denigrate people who disagree with them as traitors while talking about arresting duly-elected government officials, the federal reserve, and the council on foreign relations.   #-o

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "Draconic Aiur"Revolution! Finally we can utterly destroy the republican and Christians and make America more pure and less corrupt! HORAY!

Ya, once we get rid of everyone in the federal government we will get rid of the corrupt and then start a whole new cycle.

The best way to do it. Protesting doesn't do shit, other than make the government laugh at us and make new crappy laws. We need to fuck them hard; shove logic and justice down their throats!

SGOS

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Alaric I"http://www.facebook.com/events/211694208972279/
Fuckin nut bags.
It's not tea.  It's Kool-Aid, and they drank too much of it.

There's Kool-Aid to be drank on both sides, just a different flavor.
That's true, but there is a good case to be made that the ones doing the most shit brained thing at any given moment are the ones who drank the most at that particular time.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I still don't know (or can't tell) what climbed up their asses THIS time?
now what?
The same thing that was always up their asses - their heads.  Down with Obama, down wit' da gobernment (dey dun gonna take er gunns!)  Same ol', same ol'.

It's actually an interesting mishmash of teabagger, birther, and conspiracy theorist talking points mixed with right-wing news stories and quotes from famous politicians of old meant as endorsements of what can be generously referred to as their way of thinking.  Pure inept rage and self-important screeds.  It makes for enlightening reading, just not in the way the author intended.

I particularly love how they denigrate people who disagree with them as traitors while talking about arresting duly-elected government officials, the federal reserve, and the council on foreign relations.   #-o

I ran this on my FB page.  Was great to get some good responses.  If I hadn't taken up a cause with a guy and Change.org petition I'd have revved this subject up more.  Priorities - right?  A guy getting his much deserved insurance money just became more important to me than these RightWingNutJobs.   Go figure eh?
LOL
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Alaric I

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"A guy getting his much deserved insurance money just became more important to me than these RightWingNutJobs.   Go figure eh?
LOL

Are you ill?  I never thought I'd see the day.

Valigarmander

I really hope they go through with this. It'll be hilarious.

commonsense822

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"
Quote from: "commonsense822"They way they plan on going about this is completely naive, they think that they are going to be able to just stroll up to the steps of Congress and start arresting politicians.

Obviously I know the reality is that if some yokels tried to do citizens arrests of congressmen, they would, uh, not get very far.  But, I'm kinda curious, what, in theory, should happen?  I did a quick read of Wikipedia's article on citizens arrest.  Yeah, I know not scholarly, just trying to get a feel for what, in theory, a citizen could do.  It says that laws do vary from state to state, some states would require the citizen to actually see the crime take place, while others only require that you have probable cause to suspect the crime has taken place and the party you are arresting is the perpetrator.

So, if I genuinely believe that a congressman has committed treason, and let us assume that the crime in question is public knowledge, so I could reasonably claim that I have seen the crime take place, shouldn't I, in theory, be able to do a citizens arrest?

Again, of course, I know that reality is that I'd get hauled off to jail.  I'm just trying to think about what, in theory, could be done?  And how, perhaps, it should really work?

You should in theory be able to make an arrest but of course realistically you just can't.  Even if you could get the police to help you make the arrest, and a judge to actually serve the sentence, we can't forget that politicians have this amazing ability to just pardon people, and they have been known to use it on their politician friends.  Nixon was set to be the first president to be impeached and charged with a crime, but instead resigned and was later pardoned.  The war crimes that Cheney and Bush took part in were forgotten when Obama urged us to look forward, not backwards.  Politicians protect their own.

That is why I do to some degree agree with their point.  The entire system is corrupted, Republicans and Democrats, and if you think that a few good politicians can save the system it is just as naive as thinking that adding a few white blood cells to a person with AIDS will cure them.  I don't think their way is the way to do it though.  Ideally I would like to have a whole new set of laws drafted over the next decade and upon completion lets just rip down the current legal system and replace it with the new one.  But the implications for that are rather impractical.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Draconic Aiur"
Quote from: "Draconic Aiur"Revolution! Finally we can utterly destroy the republican and Christians and make America more pure and less corrupt! HORAY!

Ya, once we get rid of everyone in the federal government we will get rid of the corrupt and then start a whole new cycle.

The best way to do it. Protesting doesn't do shit, other than make the government laugh at us and make new crappy laws. We need to fuck them hard; shove logic and justice down their throats!

Protesting does do shit, just not with sign and chants.  If you say, don't vote the fuckers back in because they are to retarded to work together and bring in some new people, changes can be made.

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: "Alaric I"Protesting does do shit, just not with sign and chants.  If you say, don't vote the fuckers back in because they are to retarded to work together and bring in some new people, changes can be made.

Voting? Please~! Voting doesn't solve squat. We need to go to the government and take them down by force or we wont see a legal weed!

Savior2006

I would have to agree with this at the period we are in. OWS didn't do NEARLY enough compared to the Tea Party, who actually got their nutbags into gov't at the state and federal level.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Alaric I

Quote from: "Alaric I"Protesting does do shit, just not with sign and chants.  If you say, don't vote the fuckers back in because they are to retarded to work together and bring in some new people, changes can be made.

Voting? Please~! Voting doesn't solve squat. We need to go to the government and take them down by force or we wont see a legal weed!

If you truly believe that voting doesn't do squat, move to a country that is ruled by dictators and there is no voting.  If your only reason for wanting to take down the government by force is to legalize weed than I would recommend you go to the nearest mental institution and check yourself in.

The Dude

QuoteIf the reckless actions of the President we are witnessing in the headlines AS WE SPEAK in the name of the sequester ARE NOT domestic terrorism, I do not know what is!!!!!!! These are the calculated political actions of a man making a grab at totalitarianism.

QuoteThe federal government will do what they want folks! The fighting is all a dog and pony show!! No matter what they say - let the BS happen in March - they will do it no matter what! The reason I picked May 14th is to STOP the debt ceiling from being raised and we take another screwing on May 19th! After they are arrested - no more damage can they do!! The new congress can END the FED and nullify ALL our debt!! There will be a stop in spending for the federal government - SSI and other federal things - but we will work through it all! Without change there is no change!

QuoteWE ARE NOT OVERTHROWING THE GOVERNMENT! WE ARE ARRESTING THOSE WHO HAVE COMMITTED TREASON! WE WILL VOTE TO REPLACE ALL OF THEM!

Oi vey.  :-&

commonsense822

If you truly believe that voting doesn't do squat, move to a country that is ruled by dictators and there is no voting.  If your only reason for wanting to take down the government by force is to legalize weed than I would recommend you go to the nearest mental institution and check yourself in.

It doesn't when the entire game is rigged.  84% of the country wants to take money out of politics and end large private campaign contributions.  But you don't see any politicians talking about campaign finance reform.  In our most recent congressional election cycles, the highest spender has won generally around 85% of the time.
//http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2011/oct/17/occupy-wall-street/occupy-wall-street-protesters-sign-says-94-percent/

Our previous Congress had a 13% approval rating.  They are no longer listening to their constituents.  People typically end up voting in who they consider the lesser evil, not an actual candidate that represents them.