The Tea has a bit of a nutty flavor to it.

Started by Alaric I, February 24, 2013, 09:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

Quote from: "The Skeletal Atheist"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"I dont have Facebook. Are they plotting a revolution against the feds?

They wanna go to the steps of the capital and issue a citizen's arrest of congress, the president, and the vice president.
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh please, let this idea gain traction.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Bobby_Ouroborus

I was reading the comments and most of them don't seem to realize how laughable the whole thing is and how pathetic they come off. It's like overhearing a bunch of 3rd grade kids scheming against the teacher.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"I was reading the comments and most of them don't seem to realize how laughable the whole thing is and how pathetic they come off. It's like overhearing a bunch of 3rd grade kids scheming against the teacher.

My favorite, "Are we going heavily armed?  We may get resistance from the police and military."  

Ya, if you go armed fucktard.

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "Alaric I"
Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"I was reading the comments and most of them don't seem to realize how laughable the whole thing is and how pathetic they come off. It's like overhearing a bunch of 3rd grade kids scheming against the teacher.

My favorite, "Are we going heavily armed?  We may get resistance from the police and military."  

I can't believe that some people are so stupid that they actually take that shit seriously. This is like one of the highlights in the Entire History of Human Stupidity™, this is a moment of epic stupidity that we are fortunate to witness. I want to someday tell my grandchildren that I witness this the grandest of fiascoes in the annals of all grand fiascoes.

NitzWalsh

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"
Quote from: "Alaric I"

I can't believe that some people are so stupid that they actually take that shit seriously. This is like one of the highlights in the Entire History of Human Stupidity™, this is a moment of epic stupidity that we are fortunate to witness. I want to someday tell my grandchildren that I witness this the grandest of fiascoes in the annals of all grand fiascoes.

I had to look that up. There's actually a book called A Short Introduction to the History of Human Stupidity by Walter B. Pitkin, I'm going to see if I can find an ebook.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

Plu

Haha, that sounds like a hilarious book.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Alaric I"http://www.facebook.com/events/211694208972279/

Fuckin nut bags.

Please don't make me read that whole FB page (I clicked on it and scanned it tho)  
*my EYES?? what has been seen cannot be UNseen!*

just tell me......... WTF are the nutbaggers ranting about now??  NOW what's their problem?

PS I fear to scroll and read the entire page because I'll probably find my brother posting there.  *sigh*
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Yanno - they could have at least chosen JUNE 14th.  That's National Flag Day and has at least some significance to it.
LOL

WitchSabrina

QuoteChristopher Hershman
Please clarify: Is the MASS ARREST of the criminal traitor politicians or us?

Gotta be my favorite thing on the front page of this.

I still don't know (or can't tell) what climbed up their asses THIS time?
now what?

Draconic Aiur

Revolution! Finally we can utterly destroy the republican and Christians and make America more pure and less corrupt! HORAY!

commonsense822

They way they plan on going about this is completely naive, they think that they are going to be able to just stroll up to the steps of Congress and start arresting politicians.  If only it was that easy.  But when you get down to it, many of those politicians have committed treason towards their country.  They sold their positions to the highest bidder and no longer reflect what the American people want, and continue to infringe upon the freedom of American citizens for their own selfish reasons.

SGOS

Quote from: "Alaric I"http://www.facebook.com/events/211694208972279/
Fuckin nut bags.
It's not tea.  It's Kool-Aid, and they drank too much of it.

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "commonsense822"They way they plan on going about this is completely naive, they think that they are going to be able to just stroll up to the steps of Congress and start arresting politicians.

Obviously I know the reality is that if some yokels tried to do citizens arrests of congressmen, they would, uh, not get very far.  But, I'm kinda curious, what, in theory, should happen?  I did a quick read of Wikipedia's article on citizens arrest.  Yeah, I know not scholarly, just trying to get a feel for what, in theory, a citizen could do.  It says that laws do vary from state to state, some states would require the citizen to actually see the crime take place, while others only require that you have probable cause to suspect the crime has taken place and the party you are arresting is the perpetrator.

So, if I genuinely believe that a congressman has committed treason, and let us assume that the crime in question is public knowledge, so I could reasonably claim that I have seen the crime take place, shouldn't I, in theory, be able to do a citizens arrest?

Again, of course, I know that reality is that I'd get hauled off to jail.  I'm just trying to think about what, in theory, could be done?  And how, perhaps, it should really work?
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

SGOS

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"Again, of course, I know that reality is that I'd get hauled off to jail.  I'm just trying to think about what, in theory, could be done?  And how, perhaps, it should really work?
I can just see the chaos down at the police station.  Congressmen being brought in handcuffs and the police standing around scratching their heads.  Pretty soon the Police Chief would show up and say, "OK Guys, you had your fun," and then arrest you for harrassing public officials.

Now assuming you could actually get the police to cooperate, I'm guessing you would have to show up in court and testify, and then the judge would throw you in jail.

Naw.  It ain't gonna fly.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Draconic Aiur"Revolution! Finally we can utterly destroy the republican and Christians and make America more pure and less corrupt! HORAY!

Ya, once we get rid of everyone in the federal government we will get rid of the corrupt and then start a whole new cycle.