News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

6 Ridiculous stories you actually believe

Started by PickelledEggs, September 22, 2014, 07:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

http://www.clickhole.com/article/6-ridiculous-historical-stories-you-think-are-true-1052

I love clickhole and it's complete and blatant bull-shittery :lol: :rotflmao:

Jason78

QuoteEvery schoolchild knows the tale of Johnny Appleseed

Who?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Hydra009

They must've meant every child who went to school in the 19th century.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 22, 2014, 07:28:38 PM
http://www.clickhole.com/article/6-ridiculous-historical-stories-you-think-are-true-1052

I love clickhole and it's complete and blatant bull-shittery :lol: :rotflmao:
The not so funny story is that much of our US History books are crammed with stories which are not true or really stretching a tale. 
For example, Franklin did not fly that kite.  He was not that stupid.  He had a kid (a child from a girl friend I think, that he chose to raise) fly the kite and he stood in a dry shed a managed the experiment from there. 

Columbus did not discover America.  Who knows who did. 500 years earlier the Norse settled in Newfoundland.  Only lasted 20 years, but that was still North America.  Some speculation about the Chinese and Japanese came here before then.  And the fact is, that America did not need to be discovered, since there had been people living in for 20,000 to 40,000 years.

We are not all that good teaching real history in our schools.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

I actually knew all 6 of those because I'm smart.  :super:

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on September 22, 2014, 10:03:56 PM
I don't get it.
It's a joke. Clickhole just makes up bogus stories where usually nothing is accurate. The whole website is a parody of the internet.

Hydra009

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 22, 2014, 08:32:14 PMColumbus did not discover America.  Who knows who did.
Well, the native Americans are a strong contender.  :P

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 22, 2014, 10:16:04 PM
Well, the native Americans are a strong contender.  :P
Yeah. Of course the second time it was actually discovered it was, I think, Leif Ericsson.

Shiranu

I honestly believed number 6 :\. This changes everything...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on September 22, 2014, 10:23:56 PM
I honestly believed number 6 :\. This changes everything...
Wait. which one. The original? or the one replaced by Clickhole?

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mike Cl