News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I am trying this again

Started by mediumaevum, September 18, 2014, 12:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediumaevum

I seem to have had a rough entry and discussion-style on this forum.

I want to know what I can do, in order to improve my discussion and avoid getting into trouble.
How can I become a better, respected and contributing member of this forum?

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Mr.Obvious

I don't know who you are, really. But re-welcome?

My advice; remember the golden rule. Namely; don't be a dick.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Desdinova

Just read a few of your old posts to try to understand where you are coming from on this.  Here's my advice.  Try to stick with "lighter fare" subjects at first.  Don't dive into any deep philosophical or theological topics that you are unprepared to logically support or attack.  When you do this you tend to use illogical jibberish that members of this forum will immediately sniff out as bullshit.  Furthermore, beginning slow and easing into the community will allow you to get an idea of who the more frequent posters are and what their personalities are like, at least their "online" persona.  Proof read your posts before you post them.  This not only helps with misspellings and grammar, but also give you time to think about what you are going to post.  Last, but certainly not least, don't post something just for the sake of posting something.  Putting together some bullshit concept or viewpoint will draw the ire of even the most tolerant of forum members. 

Oh, and welcome back.....
"How long will we be
Waiting, for your modern messiah
To take away all the hatred
That darkens the light in your eye"
  -Disturbed, Liberate

mediumaevum

Quote from: Desdinova on September 18, 2014, 02:16:05 PM
Just read a few of your old posts to try to understand where you are coming from on this.  Here's my advice.  Try to stick with "lighter fare" subjects at first.  Don't dive into any deep philosophical or theological topics that you are unprepared to logically support or attack.  When you do this you tend to use illogical jibberish that members of this forum will immediately sniff out as bullshit.  Furthermore, beginning slow and easing into the community will allow you to get an idea of who the more frequent posters are and what their personalities are like, at least their "online" persona.  Proof read your posts before you post them.  This not only helps with misspellings and grammar, but also give you time to think about what you are going to post.  Last, but certainly not least, don't post something just for the sake of posting something.  Putting together some bullshit concept or viewpoint will draw the ire of even the most tolerant of forum members. 

Oh, and welcome back.....

Thank you for a decent explanation :)

Mike Cl

Quote from: mediumaevum on September 18, 2014, 12:27:09 PM
I seem to have had a rough entry and discussion-style on this forum.

I want to know what I can do, in order to improve my discussion and avoid getting into trouble.
How can I become a better, respected and contributing member of this forum?

Sorry for any inconvenience.
I have no idea who youare--but welcome back. :))
I'd say use the same technique you would use person-to-person.  Let the other person(s) know that you are listening.  Try to see what the point(s) is that the other is trying to make.  Then explain why that does not (or does) work for you.  Stay away from anything that looks like spam or heckling.  (Unless that's what you really want to do)  Use manners--be polite.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?