Priest Found Guilty Of Raping Dozens Of Children And A Sled Dog

Started by stromboli, September 12, 2014, 11:23:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://news.yahoo.com/priest-found-guilty-raping-dozens-children-canada-222422393.html

QuoteA defrocked Catholic priest was found guilty Friday of raping dozens of children and a sled dog in the Canadian Arctic, where he worked as a missionary for decades.

The Belgian-born Eric Dejaeger, 67, was convicted of 31 counts of sexual offenses against children and one count of bestiality.

At the start of the his trial last November in Iqaluit, the capital of Canada's northernmost Nunavut territory, Dejaeger acknowledged and pleaded guilty to eight out of 80 original charges.

Justice Robert Kilpatrick ruled the evidence had been weakened by the passage of time, and whittled down the number in the indictment.

The defense and prosecution have 30 days to appeal the decision. Otherwise, Dejaeger is expected to be back in court in January for sentencing.

The Iqaluit court clerk told AFP that more than 20 victims from the Inuit hamlet of Igloolik, on the shores of the Northwest Passage, testified at the emotionally charged trial.

Public broadcaster CBC said they recounted how Dejaeger used his position as a missionary to lure and trap them into sex, threatening them with hellfire and separation from their families if they exposed him.

From 1978 to 1982, Dejaeger worked alongside other local priests in Igloolik in what was then the Northwest Territories, and eventually took on Canadian citizenship.

In 1990, he was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison for sexually assaulting eight children in Baker Lake, Nunavut.

Following his release from prison and facing fresh allegations, he fled to his birth country of Belgium, where he was arrested in 2011 and subsequently returned to Canada.

He has been in custody ever since.

Once again, these institutions harbor monsters. Putting a predator like this in the position where he can take advantage of indigent children is inexcusable. The entire system is at fault for allowing this. A sled dog? Wow.

PickelledEggs

hrdlr110

Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on September 12, 2014, 11:23:07 PMIn 1990, he was convicted and sentenced to five years in prison for sexually assaulting eight children in Baker Lake, Nunavut.
I don't know much aboot Canadian law, but damn, that is a one hell of a light sentence right there.

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Munch

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 13, 2014, 12:16:11 AM
Dude... What the fucking fuck?

Stories like this don't surprise me anymore. As atheist its easy to mock religions, but that's just to make light of the hard and sometimes scary truths.

The funniest thing though, a child molester gets given a 5 year sentence, while that kid who messed around with the jesus statue could be facing 2 years.. really make you wake up to the fucked and unbalanced system the law pretends to uphold.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Green Bottle

Aye, stories like this just go to prove that the'' Law really is an Ass'', in Canada as everywhere else.
5 Fucking years for molesting 8 weans FFS, he should've had 5 years for each 1, at least..
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AllPurposeAtheist

I can almost understand raping kids and that's fucking bad, but it's time to draw the line on sled dog rape. We need sled dog rape awareness.  :wtff:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Definitely  a sick an twisted bastard,  not only an unhealthy interest in children but he likes to do dogs doggie style, is he possessed u think, mibbe by the spirit (koff koff) of a member of the cloth''.............. :wtff:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Youssuf Ramadan

Them sled dogs are sluttier than a rapper's ho. Everyone knows that... 

But really.... sometimes I wonder what the fuck is going on in people's brains.....  :oak:

stromboli

My personal choice for punishment would be to slather this guy with raw liver and toss him into a cage full of starving wolves, but that's just me.....

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on September 13, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
My personal choice for punishment would be to slather this guy with raw liver and toss him into a cage full of starving wolves, but that's just me.....
I would change that to a cage of boars or pigs. Those things eat anything and everything.

Sent from your mom

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 13, 2014, 01:29:16 PM
I would change that to a cage of boars or pigs. Those things eat anything and everything.

Sent from your mom

Noted.

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: PickelledEggs on September 13, 2014, 01:29:16 PM

Sent from your mom

Yes, but leave his head outside of the cage so that he doesn't suffer brain injury and die instantly.  It could be like death from scaphism but with farm animals.

PickelledEggs

Honestly I hate the death penalty and really if there is a way to make sure something like this never happened again. I would opt for it. So maybe just feed his genitals to a pack of wild boars....