Plane Flight Diverted for Passenger Complaining of Discomfort

Started by SGOS, September 03, 2014, 06:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

https://gma.yahoo.com/delta-flight-routed-due-passenger-disruption-061107123--abc-news-topstories.html

QuoteA Delta flight from New York to Florida was rerouted Monday, the airline confirmed, the third flight diversion caused by passengers fighting over legroom in recent weeks.

Delta Flight 2370 departed from New York's LaGuardia Airport at about 7 p.m. Monday, en route to West Palm Beach. The flight was diverted to Jacksonville after the disturbance, which passengers say was sparked when a woman who was knitting reclined her chair, sending the woman behind her into a rage.

"The flight attendant came over, and that just exasperated what was going on, and then [the complaining passenger] demanded that the flight land," a fellow passenger said later. "She said something to the effect of, 'I don't care about the consequences. Put this plane down now.'"

The airline complied, and the woman who complained was removed from the flight in Jacksonville. She was not arrested.

You can actually buy devices that you can use to prevent the person in front of you from reclining his seat, which of course infringes on someone else's rights, but this is what it is coming to.  In addition, Airbus is designing a plane with seats that force passengers into a kind of semi standing position.  I've heard it described as something like a bicycle seat.  I'm waiting for a news article where passengers start a flight riot and trash the plane.

Hydra009

The day that portals are invented can't come fast enough.