Fundie Family Disowns, Abuses Gay Student Son

Started by stromboli, August 29, 2014, 09:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrinningYMIR

I talked to a guy at work today, nice guy, loves his sports and works hard. Very talkative fellow who will help you in a second, but he hates gays, I mean he hates then. He told me that it's because if the media, but it's still hard to reconcile the image of a nice friendly guy with someone who has a vehement hatred towards gays

There are many out there that hate them, this guy was just the latest unfortunate individual, but he will not be the last
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

Well stop grinning then. Just stop!  :winkle:  :biggrin: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Leave it to religion to call hate love...  It's twisted thinking and for the people that call what they're doing love when it's something like this is completely disgusting.

Sent from your mom

Munch

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 30, 2014, 09:55:26 PM
I talked to a guy at work today, nice guy, loves his sports and works hard. Very talkative fellow who will help you in a second, but he hates gays, I mean he hates then. He told me that it's because if the media, but it's still hard to reconcile the image of a nice friendly guy with someone who has a vehement hatred towards gays

There are many out there that hate them, this guy was just the latest unfortunate individual, but he will not be the last

Best thing you can do is fake flirt with him saying you want to try to 'convert' him, he'll either show his true colours and attack you leading to him being fired, or at the least meaning you don't have to pretend to be friendly with him.

I had a similar situation when I worked in a chemists years ago, got on well with the team there, then one day sat down eating lunch with a few co workers, mentioned about an ex boyfriend, and one of them turned and said ' oh no, being gays disgusting'.
I didn't hang around her after that and thankfully left the job months later for better one.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

One of the more heart rending things that I encountered when I first started to contribute to exmormon forums was how terrible the situation was for mormon youth. One young man, just turned 18, was beaten up by his sister's husband, among other things.
There was a transsexual woman from another country who had converted, and ended up marrying a man who, when finding out her true nature, began brutalizing her and effectively raping her constantly. She finally fled and found a place to live because the country she moved back to was much more tolerant than here.

The oddity is that Lesbian women can hide much more easily than men in Mormonism, because the male centric nature of the religion allows women to be out of the spotlight. The demands on men in terms of missions and constant male interaction does a lot more to expose them than with women.

Munch

A good movie I remember seeing was Latter Days (2003) about a young Mormon man and a guy he meets who ends up falling for him, but then the trails he goes through faced with his religion and his sexuality.
If you spot it on Netflix give it a watch.

StupidWiz

The Latter Days... I remember that movie. The mormon man was a hottie. :D

And it was a happy ending too iirc! :)

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

SGOS

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on August 30, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

Allowing gays to legally marry has opened festering sores on the bigots who at one time were willing to share the Earth with others, as long as it was made clear to the others that they were not equal and should not be afforded access to the same constitution that protects straights, rednecks, and the religious.  As society becomes more accepting, out come the ministers and politicians to fan the flames and stir the pot for their own shellfish and petty ends.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on August 31, 2014, 08:07:17 AM
Allowing gays to legally marry has opened festering sores on the bigots who at one time were willing to share the Earth with others, as long as it was made clear to the others that they were not equal and should not be afforded access to the same constitution that protects straights, rednecks, and the religious.  As society becomes more accepting, out come the ministers and politicians to fan the flames and stir the pot for their own shellfish and petty ends.

The funniest thing is how these faiths make claim to marriage like as if they invented it, which of course they didn't.

SGOS

Quote from: Munch on August 31, 2014, 08:31:03 AM
The funniest thing is how these faiths make claim to marriage like as if they invented it, which of course they didn't.
Yeah, you don't get to be special as a Christian by claiming you invented marriage.  Humans have been pairing and mating since before recorded history.  I'm sure there was a lot of infidelity going on during the Stone Age, just as there still is in the Christian community today.  But the concept of marriage is not dependent on religion.  So what do you do if you want to be special when you really haven't done anything worthy of claiming that status?  Well, one thing you can do is just deny ordinary rights to others so that you can make believe they don't deserve what Christians deserve...  And Wah-la!  Now you're special.  LOL

_Xenu_

Does anyone have a transcript of whats in the video? I can't understand it but it might make for an interesting read.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Savior2006

It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

ApostateLois

Stupid Fundy gay-hating nutters. "Oh, we don't hate the gay person, we just hate their sin." It's a lie, of course. They really do hate the sinner. But then, Fundies are great at lying--it's pretty much all they do whenever they try to support their beliefs.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

SGOS

Quote from: ApostateLois on September 09, 2014, 03:29:29 PM
Stupid Fundy gay-hating nutters. "Oh, we don't hate the gay person, we just hate their sin." It's a lie, of course. They really do hate the sinner. But then, Fundies are great at lying--it's pretty much all they do whenever they try to support their beliefs.
How do they phrase it?  "We don't hate you, we just hate who you are!"  That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

Munch

Quote from: SGOS on September 09, 2014, 05:31:34 PM
How do they phrase it?  "We don't hate you, we just hate who you are!"  That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

wonderful family. right up there with the Bates