Arizona nine-year old kills instructor in Uzi gun lesson accident

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, August 27, 2014, 05:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minimalist

QuoteThe instructor's principle mistake was giving the girl a gun she had no hope of handling.

Probably not his choice.  I've been to one of those ranges and one of the main ways they make their money is by selling the ammunition for whatever exotic guns they have for you to fire.  So, if the customer chooses the Uzi and buys the ammo for it then the employee's job is to "instruct" on the proper way to use it and see to it that mommy and daddy get their money's worth.  They were, after all, standing there taking a video.  Probably intended to put it on Youtube to show their gun nut friends what they did.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

AllPurposeAtheist

Just a quick poll.. Who has even the slightest bit of sympathy for the stupid motherfucker after handing an automatic UZI to a 9 year old girl? Am I the only one who is a bit relieved one less stupid motherfucker is walking the earth? In a very sick way I kind of wish her parents had been standing right beside him along with the whole goddammed NRA while we're at it, but of course she would eventually run out of bullets and be branded as a mass murderer..
I do feel for the girl. There is nothing anyone anyone can do to undo the knowledge that at 9 she fatally shot and killed a man regardless of how deserving he might have or not have been to his fate.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 01:50:04 PMJust a quick poll.. Who has even the slightest bit of sympathy for the stupid motherfucker after handing an automatic UZI to a 9 year old girl?
*raises hand with noticeable hesitation*

Both the instructor and the gun range in general were noticeably negligent on basic gun safety (and the latter really ought to take steps so something like this won't happen again), but I really wish no one had gotten shot and I do feel bad for the guy who died because of it.  If things had gone differently, this could've been a scary near-miss that he could've learned from.  But unfortunately, the dead can't learn from their mistakes.

AllPurposeAtheist

**Hesitation duly noted..  I am on the fence there because I kind of doubt the stupid motherfucker would have learned a damned thing..

PickelledEggs

APA is back! Awwwwwweeeeee yeeaaaaahhhh

Sent from your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 29, 2014, 02:34:27 PM
APA is back! Awwwwwweeeeee yeeaaaaahhhh

Sent from your mom

Thanks, but knock it off.. I left because I was pissed.. I didn't go on some long journey to the center of the earth or something..  :lol:

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 02:39:08 PM
Thanks, but knock it off.. I left because I was pissed.. I didn't go on some long journey to the center of the earth or something..  :lol:
Who wrote that book then....

Oh yeah Jules Verne...  :lol:

Sent from your mom

Munch

Yeah agreed with APA, I'm not someone that really condones violence, but having less stupid fuckers who allow children to play with guns like the NRA is nothing but a good thing for the world. Shame for his family, but maybe they shouldn't have raised him to be a dumb fuck who thinks guns are good.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Johan

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 29, 2014, 01:50:04 PM
Just a quick poll.. Who has even the slightest bit of sympathy for the stupid motherfucker after handing an automatic UZI to a 9 year old girl?
Raises hand without the slightest bit of hesitation. Was it poor judgement? Without question. But the man wasn't a criminal and he sure as shit didn't deserve to die for his poor judgement.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Shiranu

I have done my fair-share of very poor judgment activities, and I wouldn't say I necessarily deserved to die for doing them...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur