Two ebola patients released from hospital

Started by St Giordano Bruno, August 21, 2014, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Giordano Bruno

All I can add is thank God the "ZMapp serum" for that so called "miracle". I really irks me why the flying spaghetti monster gets all the credit and not medical science. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-21/us-doctor-recovers-from-ebola/5688114

Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Hydra009

I'm starting to look at this "thank God" and "miraculous recovery" stuff more and more as just a verbal tic along the same lines as "oh my god!" or "jesus h christ!".  No one really means it literally, it's just a figure of speech that people unthinkingly say in certain situations.  At least they didn't say he courageously "fought" the disease or something stupid like that.

Solitary

I can hear it now: "It's because God gave men the ability to cure diseases." This is one of my pet peeves, theist give God credit for everything good, and mankind and the devil for everything bad. Mankind is more noble than any god or God because mankind is mortal, even if you do believe in them. Fear of God is really fear of reality projected on to God, or gods in the past.  :wall: :borg:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.