What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on January 30, 2018, 03:42:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1mAVyDhRUo

Ah, the magic of the spoken word.  :)

I have missed Firesign Theater too long.  My CD player died months ago, and everytime I think about replacing it. it seems I have something more important to do that day.  The problem is that I have a rack of equipment, some is useless, and it all needs to be rearranged.  I never quite feel up to it.

But I still remember most of the lines.  I REALLY have to pull the cabinet away from the wall and get at the changes.  The replacement CD player has been sitting in the box for months.

You never know who loves Firesign Theater.  I wanted a promotion to Management once and lost out to someone from out of the office.  But a week in, he mentioned "You can't be in 2 places at once when you aren't anywhere at all", and I replied with some "Antelope Freeway - 1/64th miles" and we worked out pretty well after that.  He wasn't much of a Supervisor (which was fine with me as I was always a self-starter), but it meant we sort of understood each other. 
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Russians have nice "base" male singers.  A contrast to the overemphasis on "soprano" women singers ;-)

I got to hear this same choir live ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrcgDhpS3uo
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

trdsf

Quote from: Cavebear on February 02, 2018, 02:24:47 AM
I have missed Firesign Theater too long.  My CD player died months ago, and everytime I think about replacing it. it seems I have something more important to do that day.  The problem is that I have a rack of equipment, some is useless, and it all needs to be rearranged.  I never quite feel up to it.

But I still remember most of the lines.  I REALLY have to pull the cabinet away from the wall and get at the changes.  The replacement CD player has been sitting in the box for months.

You never know who loves Firesign Theater.  I wanted a promotion to Management once and lost out to someone from out of the office.  But a week in, he mentioned "You can't be in 2 places at once when you aren't anywhere at all", and I replied with some "Antelope Freeway - 1/64th miles" and we worked out pretty well after that.  He wasn't much of a Supervisor (which was fine with me as I was always a self-starter), but it meant we sort of understood each other.
What can you say about a group that not only was willing to do a gag about Zeno's Paradox, but then stuffed it in the background with a bunch of other gags going on simultaneously?  I think every time I've listened to FT, especially the deeply layered works like "How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All" or "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus", there's some little gem in the background that I missed while listening to the foreground, or to some other piece in the background.

You might well appreciate this as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEtRWSEgkPM
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

Shiranu

Cavebear

Quote from: trdsf on February 05, 2018, 12:45:12 AM
What can you say about a group that not only was willing to do a gag about Zeno's Paradox, but then stuffed it in the background with a bunch of other gags going on simultaneously?  I think every time I've listened to FT, especially the deeply layered works like "How Can You Be In Two Places At Once When You're Not Anywhere At All" or "I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus", there's some little gem in the background that I missed while listening to the foreground, or to some other piece in the background.

You might well appreciate this as well:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEtRWSEgkPM

Thank you and I loved the video.  It was delicious with the mourning pancakes.  Not that the pancakes were mourning all that much (they loved the eggs and maple sausage), but they regretted not staying in the pan (Pan, that decieving trickster  - not knowing that e comes before i after c and therein hangs a tail.  I grabbed the tail, and forsooth it was the tale of a FOX!

And speaking of a fox, I read today that a shot goose (as opposed to an unshot goose of course) fell on the hunter and rendered him in compos mentos!  Fair game, I say.  Or should that be a fowl game?

Anyway, I was meaning to talk about a Tailor's goose.  Hence the goose reference...  A Tailor's goose is, of course, a smoothing iron used in making high quality footwear.  Well, you wouldn't a Tailor's DUCK after all; ducks are not geese. 

So this guy wanted a dozen of them.  He wrote to the manufacturer "Please send me 10 Tailor's Gooses"  Well that didn't sound right, so he changed it to ask for 10 Tailor's Geese.  Well, the thing IS called a "goose", so that wasn't right either.  So he finally wrote "Please send me a Tailor's goose.  Oh what the hell, make it ten".

The obvious conclusion is that you can't be in two places t once if you are not anywhere at all!  Ipso factum and joint tortfeasors and all that...  Of course, the judge said "If you ever put a boot in my courtroom, I will have your mukluks scorched in the cellophane". 

So here I am, refused mukluks and forbidden from courting, and THAT is why I have no pancakes.  Sad but true.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Deidre32

The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Deidre32

Deidre32

Cavebear

Watched Kill Bill 1 and 2 last night.  And it was an effort.  The coffin scene is difficult.  I'm somewhat claustrophobic.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on February 25, 2018, 04:10:33 AM
Watched Kill Bill 1 and 2 last night.  And it was an effort.  The coffin scene is difficult.  I'm somewhat claustrophobic.

You didn't have to enact the movie!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.