What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: trdsf on February 26, 2017, 06:30:04 PM
Finally getting around to listening to Welcome to Night Vale.  I don't know why it took me so long.  I love it.  It's the News from Lake Wobegon, if it were written by H.P. Lovecraft.  Or maybe the news from Arkham, Massachusetts as read by Garrison Keillor.
Yes!  I love that show!  It's so...weird.  A typical episode will have inane-seeming gossip, some funny/heartwarming stuff, and goddamn nightmare fuel.  Kevin in particular is creepy as fuck.

Kevin: "Their mouths are open. No one has ever seen smiles quite like that. What an interesting way to smile! Their legs are kicking, too, like they’re still trying to dance..."

*shudders*

trdsf

"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

trdsf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf-eIgFJg4w

Because I had a scare when a bunch of Tom Lehrer stuff turned up in my "you might also be interested" list on Amazon; I thought the Great Lyricist had died.

Thankfully, not.
"My faith in the Constitution is whole, it is complete, it is total, and I am not going to sit here and be an idle spectator to the diminution, the subversion, the destruction of the Constitution." -- Barbara Jordan

GrinningYMIR

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2017, 06:23:07 PM
Just rewatched that episode a night or two ago. So depressing.

The entire show is one big existential crisis. If you're lost in the world or in your life it hits harder.
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Shiranu

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

trdsf