What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

And from Brasil we have these youngsters beautifully marching to war, believing their god will protect.

the_antithesis

Luther Martini

Cassia

Quote from: Luther Martini on December 25, 2023, 06:05:38 PMPleasant memories from long ago.

As a synth jockey, this is one of my all-time favorite tunes.

Luther Martini

Quote from: Cassia on December 25, 2023, 06:39:55 PM
As a synth jockey, this is one of my all-time favorite tunes.

ELP was a great band. 

RIP Keith and Greg.

Luther Martini

Wagakki Band from a live performance earlier this year.

I have always liked Wagakki Band's fusion of traditional Japanese musical instruments (koto, odaiko drums, shakuhachi, and shamisen) with modern drums, electric guitar, and electric bass, along with Yuko Suzuhana's classically trained voice.

Luther Martini

Here is something more traditional ...  They are Kodo, the world famous Taiko drummers from Sado Island Japan

Luther Martini

Back in 1963, the John Birch Society was a fringe group, but now, 60 years later, many of their ideas are in the mainstream of American conservatism.

Laugh while we still can; Bob Dylan "talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues"  live at Carnegie Hall, 1963:

Unbeliever

Kind of ironic that Republican-dominated states are called "red states." 🤣
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Luther Martini

Quote from: Unbeliever on December 31, 2023, 02:49:10 PMKind of ironic that Republican dominated states are called "red states." 🤣

ironic indeed  :laugh:

Cassia

JBS...a group that was too conservative for William F. Buckley Jr., LOL.

the_antithesis

So, I found this video that shows Men Without Hats performing "Safety Dance" in last month, so good for them, even if it's just the lead singer and whoever he hired to be in the band.

But, notice how at the beginning the drums start, but the drummer isn't drumming. He's futzing with something behind the kit. Then he starts drumming and it's like "Aw, dude. Don't bother."

Cassia

Quote from: the_antithesis on January 08, 2024, 01:47:46 PMBut, notice how at the beginning the drums start, but the drummer isn't drumming. He's futzing with something behind the kit. Then he starts drumming and it's like "Aw, dude. Don't bother."
Yep, I think he is firing off a backing track that has the synth bass and a clap and probably more synth stuff later because the women just plays that one keyboard lick.