What are you listening to? Part II (The Revengening)

Started by Agramon, February 15, 2013, 02:22:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: GSOgymrat on October 20, 2022, 04:08:54 PMTime for another Broken Peach Halloween video.
Why are covers so friggen good?!  Hell, I've heard some sound-alikes that sounded amazing, way better than the original.

Then I remembered that the bad ones get filtered out, so it's a form of survivorship bias.

Cassia

It has been a month since I wrote any music. This week however, I invented a new genre (as if we need more) I call "doom pop", LOL. I like songs that slow drone and trance me out. Maybe make $1.27 on Spotify, ya never know.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Something a little different from my normal posting. A little more poppy, but been a fan of Samica for ages, back when she was just doing basic web-cam covers on old Youtube. More indie.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Cassia

You guys may get a kick outta my latest work, LOL. Hey, 4-ive me, I was raised in kat-o-lick schoolz.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on November 12, 2022, 08:33:20 PMYou guys may get a kick outta my latest work, LOL. Hey, 4-ive me, I was raised in kat-o-lick schoolz.

Fuck the religious schoolz. There is a natural serenity in your ear, just send me some of that.

e: LOL, not in your ear... well, you get me.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on November 15, 2022, 12:22:50 PMWe had to wear plaid, LOL

Ha, aww... I haven't that till (yeah till) secondary school. But I had no religious schools... God, you look so cute.

Cassia

It's been a writing-music-frenzy sort of week. I have like 13 songs swimming in my brain. I dream in chord patterns, no kidding.

Bobby worked some bass magic on this one using an old 1976 Bicentennial edition Gibson Thunderbird with a repaired broken neck. We have some additional vocalists coming by to record next week in exchange for some home cooking, LOL.

Shiranu

Hydra009

So I've been listening to a bunch of new (to me) music lately, in the hopes of finding some gems among the dirt.  This is not one of those songs.

In almost every conceivable way, this is a terrible song.  Incredibly repetitive, simple, and kinda stupid and vapid.  All style and no substance.  It's the peanut butter and bread of rock songs.

That said, it's actually kinda impressive how passionate and lively this trainwreck of a song is performed.  It's so bubbly, cloying, and happy. After a while, one can be tempted to actually like it.  It's insidious.

Musicians take note; a good attitude can take you very far with your audience.

Shiranu

Sweet lord, I had forgotten about Skindrid. Wanna say Need for Speed or one of those old racing games had one of their tracks.

I unironically like them - they are my Nickelback to be honest. I know it's trash, but it's not THAT bad lol.

Hydra009

My guilty please is Saliva (Gimme that Click Click Boom) which isn't all that far off.

I intended my previous post to be a more inspirational than insulting.