I Don't Always Disagree With The Conservatives

Started by Solitary, July 30, 2014, 10:08:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Email I received:

Hallelujah! The Dutch are doing it right..

Go Dutch . . . But Why Wait Until 2015?

The Netherlands , where six per cent of the population is now Muslim, isB scrapping multiculturalism.

The Dutch government says it will abandon the long-standing model of
multiculturalism that has encouraged Muslim immigrants to create a
parallel society within the Netherlands ..

A new integration bill, which Dutch Interior Minister Piet Hein Donner
presented to parliament on June 16, reads: "The government shares the social dissatisfaction over the multicultural
society model and plans to shift priority to the values of the Dutch people".

In the new integration system, the values of the Dutch society play a central role.
With this change, the government steps away from the model of a multicultural society.

The letter continues: "A more obligatory integration is justified because
the government also demands that from its own citizens."

It is necessary because otherwise the society gradually grows apart and
eventually no one feels at home anymore in the Netherlands . The new
integration policy will place more demands on immigrants. For example,
immigrants will be required to learn the Dutch language, and the
government will take a tougher approach to immigrants who ignore Dutch
values or disobey Dutch law.

The government will also stop offering special subsidies for Muslim
immigrants because, according to Donner; "It is not the government's job to integrate immigrants." (How bloody true).

The government will introduce new legislation that outlaws forced
marriages and will also impose tougher measures against Muslim immigrants
who lower their chances of employment by the way they dress.

More specifically, the government imposed a ban on face-covering, Islamic
burqas as of January 1, 2014.

Holland has done that whole liberal thing, and realized - maybe too late -
that creating a nation of tribes, will kill the nation itself.

The future of Australia , the UK , USA and Canada may well be read here.

READERS NOTE: Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of
civil and political unrest .. ."CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE."

Countries like Holland , Canada , USA the UK and Australia have an
established way of life that actually works, so why embrace the unworkable?

If Muslims do not wish to accept another culture, the answer is simple;
"STAY WHERE YOU ARE!!"

This gives a whole new meaning to the term, 'Dutch Courage' ...
Unfortunately Australian, UK , USA and Canadian politicians don't have the ... guts to do the same. There's a whole lot of truth here!!!!

ELECTIONS are COMING!!!!!

A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves!

I'M 100% for PASSING THIS ON!!!

Let's Take a Stand!!!

Borders:B Closed!

Language:B English!

Culture:B The Constitution, is the Bill of Rights!
NO freebies to: Non-Citizens! We the peopleB are coming!!!

Only 86% will send this on...Should be 100%.

Walt "Admiral" Nenycz
Nuclear Grade U.B.C. Ret
"People are like flowers. It's been a privilege to walk in your garden"
__________________________________________Robin Williams from "Temple of Comedy"

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Good stuff Solitary, ill be passing this on.....................
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

AllPurposeAtheist

And what of the tea bagging Christians refusal to integrate into the world of progress? Ohhhhh.. THAT'S different, huh? Bullshit. Feel free to join the tea party.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Of all religions I find myself disliking Islam most of all
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

Replace "Muslim" with "Mexican" and it sounds like the exact same shit conservatives were talking about for years. Or before that, Italian. Or a bit before that, Japanese/Chinese. Or before that Irish. Or before that...

It seems we always have to have this one minority group that it's okay to judge all immigrants on based on the sins of a minority of them. Is this to say it's not a problem in Europe? No. But kick the one's who disobey the local laws out and back to their shithole country, don't just therefor paint all Muslims with the same brush.

My ancestors went through the same shit, and my best friends have gone through it for awhile as well (Mexicans). I am not a fan.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mister Agenda

Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Solitary

Berati

Quote from: Shiranu on July 30, 2014, 06:54:53 PM
Replace "Muslim" with "Mexican" and it sounds like the exact same shit conservatives were talking about for years. Or before that, Italian. Or a bit before that, Japanese/Chinese. Or before that Irish. Or before that...

It seems we always have to have this one minority group that it's okay to judge all immigrants on based on the sins of a minority of them. Is this to say it's not a problem in Europe? No. But kick the one's who disobey the local laws out and back to their shithole country, don't just therefor paint all Muslims with the same brush.

My ancestors went through the same shit, and my best friends have gone through it for awhile as well (Mexicans). I am not a fan.

I agree, but Muslim is not a race, it's an ideology.

Comparing Muslims to Mexicans is like comparing Nazis to Swedes.

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Shiranu

Quote from: Berati on July 31, 2014, 12:51:59 PM
I agree, but Muslim is not a race, it's an ideology.

Comparing Muslims to Mexicans is like comparing Nazis to Swedes.

Okay...

Replace "Muslim" with "Jew"... or Mormon back in 1800's... or Catholic for a long while... or Communist.... or...

However Muslim DOES have ethnic connotations (as did the rest of them); when people complain about Muslims, it is generally Muslims of the Pakistani or North African variety. The two are inseparable, just like "Jew" or "Catholic" back in the day... it is rooted in both race and ideology. However I would argue that people have very little against Islam in this case and far more against the culture of some Muslim immigrants... which includes Islam but is not limited to it and is very heavily effected by their nationality.

Saying Muslim is just much more acceptable for xenophobes to say than, "New brown people I don't like". The conservative groups that are anti-Muslim generally know next to nothing about Islam from the propaganda they put out, it's just a convenient excuse to hate the new guy. To say, "But... they are talking about Islam, so it's not the same!" is just giving these assholes a free-pass on their phobia.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

Quote from: Shiranu on July 30, 2014, 06:54:53 PM

well, I am starting to not care about that anymore. We talk about how its wrong to label all under the acts of a few..in this case the radicals against the mainstream, but goddamn it when half a fucking village storms a house and kills children and an old women for something someone else said, thats a fucked up people right there. I have lost my ambivalence.

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Berati

Quote from: Shiranu on July 31, 2014, 01:07:31 PM
Okay...

Replace "Muslim" with "Jew"... or Mormon back in 1800's... or Catholic for a long while... or Communist.... or...

However Muslim DOES have ethnic connotations (as did the rest of them); when people complain about Muslims, it is generally Muslims of the Pakistani or North African variety. The two are inseparable, just like "Jew" or "Catholic" back in the day... it is rooted in both race and ideology. However I would argue that people have very little against Islam in this case and far more against the culture of some Muslim immigrants... which includes Islam but is not limited to it and is very heavily effected by their nationality.

Saying Muslim is just much more acceptable for xenophobes to say than, "New brown people I don't like". The conservative groups that are anti-Muslim generally know next to nothing about Islam from the propaganda they put out, it's just a convenient excuse to hate the new guy. To say, "But... they are talking about Islam, so it's not the same!" is just giving these assholes a free-pass on their phobia.

Ok, but the OP was about the Dutch. From what I have seen the problems they have been having are indeed with Islam. It seems to have come to a head with the murder of Theo Van Gogh in 2004, demands by the Islamic community for implementation of Sharia Law, and increased radicalization of young muslim men that was revealed in an inquiry by the Dutch govt. that showed young second and third generation muslims are identifying more with their religion and the global Muslim community than with the Dutch society where they were born and raised in.

So, I do think the problem the Dutch are having is with the ideology, not the colour of the skin of the ideologues.

And let's face it, Islam is a horror show.  There are central tenants of islam that make it much more difficult to work into a secular society. It's not impossible, but it is much more difficult.

And before the liberals pounce, I'm in no way saying that all Muslims are terrorists. Muslims are the people most abused by islam. It's the Muslims that really take their religion seriously that are the problem and that alone should tell you something about islam.

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Elect

Many European nations face a population replacement problem, meaning the people in a given country aren't having enough babies to replace and take care of the older generations. This is why they have such a complex relationship with immigration.

"Fertility is more or less stable at below-replacement levels without indications for major change. Women have their children at relatively advanced ages. The decline of the youngest population has more or less run its course, while the main thrust of population ageing is yet to come." http://www.ipss.go.jp/publication/e/R_s_p/No.9_P87.pdf

While the Dutch aren't feeling the effects of declining population, they soon will. They know that they need Muslim immigrants to refill the population losses, but they also feel a loss of culture too.
Quote from: Solitary on July 30, 2014, 10:08:52 AM
READERS NOTE: Muslim immigrants leave their countries of birth because of
civil and political unrest .. ."CREATED BY THE VERY NATURE OF THEIR CULTURE."
It's not just the willingness of the immigrant to leave his or her country in hopes for a better opportunity, it is also the need of these host countries to replenish their population.

Solitary

:wtff: Tell me what country is not over populated?  :doh: :smile2: Solitary

PopeyesPappy

Mongolia, Australia and Canada to name a few.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

Mister Agenda

I don't always disagree with conservatives...but when I do, I prefer Dos Equis.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina