Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

Gawdzilla Sama

"Papa" is "potato" in Spanish. It's also "father", depending on how you pronounce it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 26, 2015, 06:46:37 AM
"Papa" is "potato" in Spanish. It's also "father", depending on how you pronounce it.

Yes. Hence the humour......

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Youssuf Ramadan on September 26, 2015, 11:39:39 AM
Yes. Hence the humour......
Just explaining it to those who haven't had the joy of learning Spanish.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Spanish fluency is a lifesaver.  My roommate and I were in a Mexican restaurant and they give us chips with that crappy super mild gringo salsa.  He asked for hot salsa in Spanish and they came back out with the real deal.  It was like someone harvested habaneros from a garden in hell and diced em with lime, garlic, and red onions.  Amazing stuff.

Hydra009

It's hard to read, but the command is "sudo rm -rf /*".  It supercharges any apple or linux product.  We're talking increased battery life, faster apps, more secure internet connection, etc.  This command is guaranteed to please any Apple enthusiast.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Youssuf Ramadan

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on September 26, 2015, 04:39:21 PM
Just explaining it to those who haven't had the joy of learning Spanish.

Fair call, sir.  :great:

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 27, 2015, 02:42:07 AM
Spanish fluency is a lifesaver.  My roommate and I were in a Mexican restaurant and they give us chips with that crappy super mild gringo salsa.  He asked for hot salsa in Spanish and they came back out with the real deal.  It was like someone harvested habaneros from a garden in hell and diced em with lime, garlic, and red onions.  Amazing stuff.

tl;dr- went to Mexico with an acquaintance from Colombia- he was a contractor who was taking an illegal back to Mexico. Spent 4 days around Hermocillo. Also drove all the way out to the Baja to go swimming.

Memo: do not dine with a Hispanic in a Mexican restaurant. Also don't make the mistake of saying "I'll have what you have". The waiter gave us a "salsa" that had no odor and was almost white in color. That shit was so hot it boiled the inside of my mouth all the way to my intestines.

He also told me how to pick a safe restaurant in border towns. Check out back and look for cats. If you see them, they are not on the menu.